17" or 16" alloys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam1

Car
E220CDI avantgarde-tansanite blue with sand-cream leather .Honda Civic, Honda Stream SESport( 160bhp
How can u confirm the Alloys are 16" or 17".

I have measured diameter and they are slightly over 17". Do 16" alloys wheels actually measure 17".

The tyres are still the same 225/55 for 16" type. What does the 16" represent in terms of the size of alloys. The Alloys seem bigger to me than std 16"...but i could be wrong.

I'm really glad you've asked this question. I'm in a similar position. I'm trying to purchase a set of alloy wheels to fit a 230 TE. I'm about to view (purchase) a second hand set of 16" Mercedes Lorenza Alloys - but having read all the threads, links and other stuff on the site - I'm beginning to wonder if it's better to stick with the original steel wheels. Can anyone provide a list of which wheels fit which models and which tyres fit which wheels? I was only changing my wheels to smarten up the appearance. The car is basically a second vehicle used for transporting things around in .......... but we all like to look as good as possible. So, I'm obviously trying to get hold of a reasonable set of alloy wheels that my existing tires will fit.

A picture says it all.

tyre%20markings.jpg

225 is the width of tyre in millimetres

50 is the height of the tyre relative to the width of the tyre expressed as a percentage

ZR is radial tyre that is speed rated to over 150 mph

16 is the diameter of the wheel in inches

92 is the load weight of the vehicle. In this case 630 kg. The greater the speed rating of the tyre, the lower the load capability of the tyre.

W is the maximum sustained speed rating of the tyre, in this case over 150 mph

It should be stamped on the back, along with a the letters ET XX (Where the X's are replaced with a number) This is the offset. Should be like this ET 35 19 x 8.5, where ET 35 is the offset, 19 is the size of the wheel, 8.5 is the width. At least thats how it was on my last motor.....

In case you are interested, when I was considering which wheel/tyres to get I was told all of these combinations have the same overall diameter. (650mm I think)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom