17 or 18" wheels for a clk w209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cobra2222

Car
E350 CDI Coupe
as above, pref with tyres that I can use :)

Cobra2222 I too am a new member. I have 4 x 17" original Merc 8 spoke alloys with 6mm tread conti sport tyres - all 255/45/17 from my SL350 55 plate. They are VGC.
I have 18 aviors on mine. Ring me if you haven't sorted some already. 07866 041462

Make sure you check the offsets before handing over any money

I have 5 x 18x8.5" Ronal Carlsson 16 spokes. 4 with good Falken tyres and one brand new unused. The 4 with tyres are painted grey and the new one is factory silver. The ET is 35 which is correct for a W209 CLK and I have the correct bolts too as you need shorter on the rear to clear the handbrake mechanism.
PM me an offer ?

thanks but am after merc alloys, pref 18 :)

Understood ..... They are 18 though and were an MB option but hey ho !

I run 17" AMG on mine which don't look as aggressive as the 18" do still make for a nice ride and reasonable cost for the tyres.
IMG_0164_zpsf7f4fbc8.jpg

I run 17" AMG on mine which don't look as aggressive as the 18" do still make for a nice ride and reasonable cost for the tyres.
IMG_0164_zpsf7f4fbc8.jpg

a set of those would be the kind of thing im looking for..

I had them refurbished when I bought them. I wanted the outer rim polished but was told that this was only done on the 18" versions. The refurb company I used didn't offer the polishing as a service anyway and with the mileage I do it was probably for the best. Sometimes still wish I had had them polished though.

They have done 20k and are still unmarked and the finish is spot on so I really can't complain.

I stand corrected Howard ! I thought they were an option on Carlsson models so must be mistaken.

Carlsson cars were never offered from MB either , not in the same was as AMG is.

Carlsson is an aftermarket tuner , like old skool AMG or Lorinser etc.

You buy your car , and take it to them. You can't spec Carlsson bits on it from the factory.

damn, dont need another 270 clk :)

Yeah you do!
I don't really want to part with it but I made a deal with the wife that if I could have my Porsche, the CLK had to go. I don't have a garage anymore (read:that'll change this year) and there isn't realistically enough space on the driveway for three cars etc. etc.

I bought a new Focus RS in 2009 and sold it at 2years old with 3434 miles on the clock. Hence her disappointment in "second-cars"

Sadly, it is in the classified section now :-(

I have a set of these which I'm looking to swap for standard Mercedes wheels, the ones I have are on a car I've just brought and I'm looking to go for standard wheels, they are a bit kurbed so could do with a refurb, I would want to swap to standard, decent condition wheels so it would need to be a swap. just joined so not sure if I can PM yet as there is something about a 30 post count.

have emailed ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom