170 and 171 SLK’s in the North West

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lotusmark2

MB Enthusiast
Car
Fiat 500, Mercedes B200
hi all, I’m on the hunt for an SLK but need to make sure I fit (6ft 8’) is anyone nearish to Wigan that wouldn’t mind me trying to sit in their car?

If there's nobody nearby to let you sit in one, you could always find a dealer with one and feign interest...

You might well be a bit tall for an SLK. I'm going to see (and probably buy) an R171 SLK55 on Monday; see my thread 'SLK Versus SL' in this forum for the full story. I'm six inches shorter than you, and quite chunkily built; narrow barn door rather than full-size.

Quotes from our transatlantic cousins' website:

"I'm 6' 4" and 290 pounds and I can sit comfortably in my SLK 230 Automatic."

"I was looking for a Porsche Boxster, tried one, managed to fit in it, but as I was leaving the dealers I saw an R171. I had a sit in the SLK and compared to the Boxster there was so much more room, I'm 6 foot, 23.5 stone ex rugby player and ex doorman, I'm not small. So I bought an SLK350."

"I sat in an SLK200 today and AMAZINGLY there is enough room. I have 34" legs and with seat all way back and down I have enough room. I moved seat forward a bit and moved seat back further and still had leg room without touching anything. 1" of headroom and not too bad to get out of."

In your case, it will I think be tight at best. Good luck.

I fit fine in a 2015 SLK so would love a comparison

See if you can find full internal dimensions for both on t'internet. I'm sure they're out there; the hard part may be finding them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom