170mph 320bhp 4-door AWD 0-60mph 5.6s - £29995

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not quite sure how they call 5.6 to 60 out doing the M5 which takes 4.3???

They must mean because the M5 is restricted to 155mph,whereas the Vauxhall isn't...

The exhaust note from a VXR sounds great with hard acceleration but that's about it.

It is probably more reliable that the F10 M5 from some of the stories I have seen....

I've driven all VXR models on track and had a ball, but the Insignias I've driven were the original (ie speed limited). Based on that and my experience of running Vauxhalls for many years, I reckon they strike an exceptional balance of cost versus value versus performance.

Corsa VXR was my favourite on track...

The estate (sorry, 'Sports Tourer' :rolleyes:) is not a bad looking car. We had one for a week as a courtesy car (sadly not a VXR :D) and Mrs BTB, who for some reason is strongly anti Ford & Vauxhall, said she would consider one ...

The estate (sorry, 'Sports Tourer' :rolleyes:) is not a bad looking car. We had one for a week as a courtesy car (sadly not a VXR :D) and Mrs BTB, who for some reason is strongly anti Ford & Vauxhall, said she would consider one ...

With the hatch open they look great - the whole rear end opens up like a ferry, and there are extra lights which are only visible when the tailgate is open :cool:

I drove passed an M5 in central London on Monday - sounded great and the bloke actually thanked me for waiting whilst he parked.

Also, I noticed they'd fitted indicators to his one.

Was in the usual blue they seem to appear on YT in.

Like the Insignia too but I feel I should be wearing it under my armpits.

Does anyone aspire to own a Vauxhall once out of their teens?

Insignia's are decent cars. Only thing I don't like is the steering which is over light with little feedback, but not a show stopper.

The ones I have had on hire do not rattle.

I rather think this VXR is what the M5 used to be 2 decades ago.

The suspension was a little firm on the one we had, but then it was an SRi. Pretty good apart from that.

I drove passed an M5 in central London on Monday - sounded great and the bloke actually thanked me for waiting whilst he parked.

Wonder if it was the same one I saw in Chelsea at the weekend. This one had mis-spaced German-type number plates... and white lettering in the offside rear door's quarterlight saying "Sorry officer, I thought you wanted to race". I should imagine that will result in an interesting conversation when he eventually gets stopped.

Good car ---remarkable value for money---- unfortunately it will probably have a near vertical depreciation curve due to badge snobbery and the guys in the market to drive/buy it 2nd hand not able to afford the insurance.:dk:

Give Vauxhall some credit, for £29,995 it's a good buy.

That's about the same price as a girly 4pot A-Class, so whats the problem?

I think some people are that used to having their balls tickled by German car makers, they can't see a good buy just because it's not German.

A friend of mine paid £81k for an M5 when they came out 7(?) year ago, yet this costs about 65% less...

Give Vauxhall some credit, for £29,995 it's a good buy.

That's about the same price as a girly 4pot A-Class, so whats the problem?

I think some people are that used to having their balls tickled by German car makers, they can't see a good buy just because it's not German.

A friend of mine paid £81k for an M5 when they came out 7(?) year ago, yet this costs about 65% less...

The problem is the depreciation and running costs which may mean the bean counters will rule it out as a company car. Realistically is it not a "loss leader" limited production model principally there to raise brand awareness? Cue the introduction of a 1600 turbo diesel/petrol "lookalike" body kitted car in a few months to keep the accountants happy. Or am I too cynical? :p Whatever -----Bravo Vauxhall :bannana: for keeping the American Pony Car Tradition afloat.:thumb:

ps anyone read VAUXHALL'S projected annual sales figures for this model?:dk:

Wonder if it was the same one I saw in Chelsea at the weekend. This one had mis-spaced German-type number plates... and white lettering in the offside rear door's quarterlight saying "Sorry officer, I thought you wanted to race". I should imagine that will result in an interesting conversation when he eventually gets stopped.

No - this one had normal '12' plates and no writing on the window... I saw it on Cromwell Road or thereabouts.

I imagine that will be the popular colour for (F10 I should have written before) M5s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom