17x8.5ET30 245/40R17 on rear of 124 possible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Murray

Is anybody running 17s or 18s on their 124 (C/W/S/A)? In particular, a 17x8.5 or 18x8.5 on the rear, and which tyres being used..
Data much appreciated!

I know 8J ET30 will fit with a 235 45 17 tyre.

send me a pm with your e-mail address, ive got a MB document which details exactly what is needed to run 8.5j x 17 et30 all round.

To sum it up you need to install the spacers you've mentioned before on the front, roll the arches and hammer the inner arch at the front a little.
The rears need the arches to be rolled and also the rear quater needs to be cut along the bumper line and a piece welded in.

And the type of wheel is also an issue, I tried to fit my MAE's on my 124, which are 8.5x17 et32, no chance, the back of the face hits the brake caliper on the fronts.

very interesting document. Produced by DC in 2002 it says. Would be great to get all the 'Teile-Gutachten' for the tuner wheels so that owners know what is required when fitting larger wheels...

Murray Systems said:
very interesting document. Produced by DC in 2002 it says. Would be great to get all the 'Teile-Gutachten' for the tuner wheels so that owners know what is required when fitting larger wheels...

I think it answers the question 100%, and for future reference in a word Id say the answer is 'NO'.

I have reports that an 8.5" is fine with the 225/45R17 though - is anybody running this at the rear? That article is for 235/45R17..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom