18" AMGs on the w124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

6pot

Car
W124 320 sportline estate
Just got to figure out if they will fit and to be honest im struggling..........im off to try them on shortly. If they do fit.....should i on the w124??? im not sure:dk: i like the colour and the fact it almost matches the paint on my car!:rock:

wheels are 18x9 rears and 18x8 fronts wearing 255/35/18s and 225/40/r18s

help me obi won kinobi ......

Attachments

• b66030098.jpg
    b66030098.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 174
I think these will look a bit silly Mat. Best stick with Monoblocks or split rims.

I think these will look a bit silly Mat. Best stick with Monoblocks or split rims.

Agree I'm afraid. The Monoblocks really suit the CE and you can't really beat them. I wouldn't try anything as 'new looking' as that it just wouldn't work in my opinion. How about a set of Brabus wheels?

Mono blocks have always been my first choice:thumb: they look so right! Ive been searching for a while for a reasonably priced set of genuine ones (even with my staff discounts they are pricey:wallbash:)......but these Newer AMGS are SOOOOO cheap ive just got to have a look to see what they are like on.
But Like olly and A-AvantGarde said it echo'd my own concerns of making it look "cheap" if you know what i mean.:doh:
Anyway will try them on after work and post a pic to see what you think!

Keep us posted, if you manage to get them on I would be keen to see how it looks. However, as you've already stated I fear that they will look 'cheap' too.

Good luck...

Putting late model wheels on early model cars very very rarely 'works' ...

These will cheapen the look of the car .

MB invest huge amounts of time and money designing a wheel that suits that model / era of car. Big slab sided cars ( w124 / w140 etc ) just don't look right with dainty thin spoked wheels.

I looked at those for my car but decided against them as they would not suit my car, I managed to find a set of Aero II's on ebay for £500 which needed refurbishing they were worth every penny as the car looks stunning with them.

The Aero II's would look amazing on your car and I would think 8.5" all round would be perfect, when I see a W124 with Aero II's I always come home and look on Autotrader to see if I can find a mint model to buy.

6pot

you have not said what the ET figure is, and it is a very important figure.

6pot

you have not said what the ET figure is, and it is a very important figure.

Ive got the ETs... but normally i would never consider putting a set of wheels on a car that it was never designed to have because of the problems of getting them to fit..... but having just checked the wheel bolts...they are the different diameters:wallbash:...monoblocks it is then!
Thanks for everyones input though!

Ive got the ETs... but normally i would never consider putting a set of wheels on a car that it was never designed to have because of the problems of getting them to fit..... but having just checked the wheel bolts...they are the different diameters:wallbash:...monoblocks it is then!

Phew, what a relief ;)

Good luck with the monoblock search...

monoblocks - woohoo!!! can't wait to see a picture with them on.

nice one, monoblocks everytime!

Just had the 17's on the beast refurbed:
P1010349.jpg

Very Nice!

18"s that do not fit!

Hi, I have a similar problem.. I have a set of 18" Brabus split rim lookalikes.. they will look awsome once re-furbbed. However the problem I have is with the front arch, it sits on the wheel when dropped. I think mainly as the cars lowered on PI's, currently with the original set of wheels on it.

Any ideas on how to get around this.. otherwise its ebay!

thanks

Attachments

• front right1.jpg
    front right1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 40
  • front right2.jpg
    front right2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 39
Hi, I have a similar problem.. I have a set of 18" Brabus split rim lookalikes.. they will look awsome once re-furbbed. However the problem I have is with the front arch, it sits on the wheel when dropped. I think mainly as the cars lowered on PI's, currently with the original set of wheels on it.

Any ideas on how to get around this.. otherwise its ebay!

thanks

What size are those tyres, they look too big for a w124.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom