18 inch for w124 200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dhooool

Car
W124 200 1992
Heyloo there,

Im using 225.40.18 for back and 235.45.18 on front .
Is there any way to avoid tire touching without changing this tire ?
And please suggest me good suspension which can handle 18inch wheel for my car please

Not sure why on earth you would run that combo of tyre sizes on any car - wider and lower profile on the front and different total diameter front to rear. No car would be designed to run that set up and even less so one that was designed around 15 inch rims. Your best bet is some smaller wheels. The original tyre size was 195/65/15 or the lower profile sport option 205/60/15.

You could try rolling the inner lips of your wheel arches if you are not too bothered about your cars bodywork.

Personally i would not go over 16 inches on a w124 and would recommend a set of 16inch 15 holes or 16 inch 8 holes. Both were OE fitment on r129's and look great on a w124.

They were never designed for 18 inch wheels. There was a 17inch option - AMG Monoblock 2. We have these on our S124 and they do not rub. Tyres are 225/45 17 all round. The offset is quite critical on a 124. ET42 i seem to remember but may be wrong. The E500 had wider arches so a slightly wider wheel or different offset will fit.

Well i recently bought the car and got it like this from my previous owner .thanks for the information guys.
And is it better to stick with the stock suspension rather than a custom one ?

The body is now not in a stock model , so prefer to keept it like now for a while with a lowered look

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-233903_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210308-233903_Gallery.jpg
    856.8 KB · Views: 10
It looks as though the front has been lowered but not the rear. Might be just the effect of the odd tyre sizes. Changing the front tyres to match the rears might solve the issue. Why not try the rears on the front and see if it makes a difference

It looks as though the front has been lowered but not the rear. Might be just the effect of the odd tyre sizes. Changing the front tyres to match the rears might solve the issue. Why not try the rears on the front and see if it makes a difference
Yes this seems like a good start , 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom