18" style IV (split spoke) wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garyklau

Hi,
I was wondering if you can get the new 18" style IV (split spoke) wheels as stock (or as a factory option) for the c-class (W203) sedan?

If not, does anyone know where to get them and how much are they? I know I can get them from the dealer, but I want to know where I can get them for a better deal.

I don't think you can get them from the dealer just now.

Rumour has it that Mercedes have had problems with the new wheel; dealers and customers have been rejecting them because of poor quality.

Cars are coming through with the more familiar AMG wheels at the minute, as we noticed on the AMG day last Sunday.

Good luck, sorry not to be of more help. If you find a source, let us know. :D

Thanks for the info!
Do you know if this applies only to the 18" wheels or to the 17" ones as well?

There are a few american companies that stock the 18" amg wheels (http://www.statusimports.com) and I know of only one person that has installed the 18" split spokes on his coupe --> look at www.mbworld.org

But alas, there are no UK sources at the moment. I sent an email to elite direct (http://www.elitedirect.com) as they stock the 17", but waiting for a reply for the 18".

Guy,

You know the C-class in your signature? Are those the Brabus monoblock VI on stock suspension? They look awesome!

How much did you get them for and how much?

They are and on stock suspension; 8.5 and 9.5 x 18.

There's a close-up here from 'C32 Life' -

forumlogo2.jpg

I got them via the UK Brabus distributors, at the list price. Best I could do was a deal on shipping and wheel centres, probably because they had only just been launched when I got them last January.

Thanks for the kind words :)

Did you get them installed at the dealer as part of the pre-inspection delivery and did they charge you a ton for labour?

Did you trade-in the stock AMG wheels?

Did you get them installed at the dealer as part of the pre-inspection delivery and did they charge you a ton for labour?
Yes, I had Brabus deliver to the dealer; the charges were minimal, I did a deal with them...long story, but it was to do with the fact that the car was late.

Did you trade-in the stock AMG wheels?
The garage didn't want them, but they found me a customer who bought them for an SLK320, so that eased the financial pain a little. :)

SL 280 series 129

Interested in fitting a S/S exhaust to my 1998 SL280. Any sugestions as from where I can source such an item. I live in Cyprus, so parts/components will have to be mailed here.

Thanks

With labour as cheap as Cyprus - it might be worth having one hand made specially for the car!

There will be less chance of transit damage too!

I still havn't figured out what this post is doing in wheels and tyres though ;)

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom