180mm Weistec crank pulley and tune up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perrysock

Car
CLS55 AMG
I am not sure if it was covered before, but I couldn't fine it.
So I am thinking of buying one of these pulleys and tune the car.
The first question is do I need to change the spark plugs with colder ones or the original ones which I changed before 1000km will do the trick?
Second and maybe more important to me who will be the best option to complete the tune.?I am fancying remote tuning the most, Weistec is a bit expensive, but they know their product the most I think, other one is Eurocharged but I am not sure whether its posible.
What are your advice about the remote tune up and the company
I am open to any discussions and advice

PS: how much power should I gain if somebody can share his experience

MSL in Birmingham are agents for both Weistec and Eurocharged so I'd be heading there.

Most guys look at a smaller s/c pulley on the 55k so not sure on the hp expectations of the crank pulley you are looking at. Again Acid at MSL can advise you.

Thanks for the info
I definitely would of visit these guys if I was living in UK, but in my case it is too far away.
How about the remote tuning any thoughts positive or negative.

To save us all from guessing, where is it that you live?? This may help members when advising you.

Eurocharged can remote tune your ecu or you can buy the handheld and DIY.
Contact Paul or Andy for more info. 44 (0)203 2907049
You would have to have your pulley fitted first and the remap is customised to your car.The package below includes the pulley, remap, EC intercooler and new ic pump.

Stage 1 Power Package: 55 Series AMG - Power Packages - CLS55 - CLS-Class - Mercedes - Products

Hmmm I see you are in Bulgaria. Do you have someone competent who can fit a pulley for you?

Last edited:
I think Mercedes dealers will be able to install original pulley as well as performance ones. Just different sizes.
I did send a message before to Eurocharged UK trough their web page contact form without being contacted back.
Which handheld I need to find and buy eventually?
And another one: Will be the power gain the same if I choose remote or custom mapping and dyno?

I think Mercedes dealers will be able to install original pulley as well as performance ones. Just different sizes.
I did send a message before to Eurocharged UK trough their web page contact form without being contacted back.
Which handheld I need to find and buy eventually?
And another one: Will be the power gain the same if I choose remote or custom mapping and dyno?

The dealers here would be very reluctant to fit a pulley from another manufacturer. Different sizes yes, different size belts too. Have they got them? Bulgaria must be different:D

To be fair, Eurocharged are very busy and a phone call is probably the best way to contact them. Tel# above.
Eurocharged can advise on the handheld and also the power gain between remote mapping and custom/dyno run mapping.

Does anyone know if Eurocharged Heat Exchanger 020_Small_HE is straight replacement or it needs some modification

Hello AMGeed
For the correct size belts I've already did my homework and everything has been ordered plus bosch 10 pump
Should be OK instead of Johnsons which is included in their Stage 1 pack

I dont think you will need EC intercooler for stage 1. 84mm supercharger pulley plus remap and bosch 10 pump should suffice for stage 1. MSL usually do pulley and map in their special deals for around £800 ish. Till usually includes pre/post dyno read outs as well.

Above should see you make near 550bhp, if you then wish to go for 77mm pulley, this will make easily take you above 600bhp with some additional cooling mods. I would speak to Acid at MSL and see what he suggests and how you can do this.

Last edited:
Hello Amo appreciated your writing on this subject
I will try call them my self and discuss with them.

My 84mm pulley is still for sale, my 77mm one gets here tomorrow so I'll be taking the 84mm one off this weekend. I know you mentioned it before in my for sale thread but you only had a few posts on this forum, but after reading your posts you seem genuine. If you could arrange collection from the UK and pay PayPal I would be happy to sell my 84mm pulley to you.

It wouldn't be ready for collection until next week, let me know if you are still interested.

For the remap, you should contact Eurocharged and buy their remap cable or take a trip to MSL, Eurocharged etc if you fancy a good drive. I remapped mine last week from home and it was really easy. I live 300 miles away from MSL and Eurocharged so it has paid for itself already.

Last edited:
My 84mm pulley is still for sale, my 77mm one gets here tomorrow so I'll be taking the 84mm one off this weekend. I know you mentioned it before in my for sale thread but you only had a few posts on this forum, but after reading your posts you seem genuine. If you could arrange collection from the UK and pay PayPal I would be happy to sell my 84mm pulley to you.

It wouldn't be ready for collection until next week, let me know if you are still interested.

For the remap, you should contact Eurocharged and buy their remap cable or take a trip to MSL, Eurocharged etc if you fancy a good drive. I remapped mine last week from home and it was really easy. I live 300 miles away from MSL and Eurocharged so it has paid for itself already.

Thanks for the trust:cool:, but I have organized a 180mm pulley from Weistec.
So how about your remote tune? How long it took you to download and upload the files on the ECU?Did you kept your car on the battery charger as well as your laptop?
Did you got your car dynoed afterwards? What gains did you get and were they comparable with the cars tuned on the dyno?
Just if you want to share.

Thanks for the trust:cool:, but I have organized a 180mm pulley from Weistec.
So how about your remote tune? How long it took you to download and upload the files on the ECU?Did you kept your car on the battery charger as well as your laptop?
Did you got your car dynoed afterwards? What gains did you get and were they comparable with the cars tuned on the dyno?
Just if you want to share.

Ha no worries, I haven't put the car on a dyno yet as I'm going to do it after I've fitted the 77mm pulley this weekend. The Eurocharged tune is easy, you just download your original file, email it to Eurocharged and they send you back the retuned file.

I had my car connected to a battery charger but I think you can get away with just disconnecting the fan as I did anyway (when the cars being mapped the fan comes on).

It takes about 3 minutes to download the file and the same to upload it. If you have any problems, the guys from Eurocharged can log-on to your laptop remotely to sort it out. I was really impressed.

I'll put figures up once I've got the pulley and PCS tank fitted this weekend.

Good luck!

Ha no worries, I haven't put the car on a dyno yet as I'm going to do it after I've fitted the 77mm pulley this weekend. The Eurocharged tune is easy, you just download your original file, email it to Eurocharged and they send you back the retuned file.

I had my car connected to a battery charger but I think you can get away with just disconnecting the fan as I did anyway (when the cars being mapped the fan comes on).

It takes about 3 minutes to download the file and the same to upload it. If you have any problems, the guys from Eurocharged can log-on to your laptop remotely to sort it out. I was really impressed.

I'll put figures up once I've got the pulley and PCS tank fitted this weekend.
Good luck!

Thanks for sharing and good luck with your further tuning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom