18inch amg wheel

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by Mel Howe, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Mel Howe

Mel Howe New Member

Car:
    Mercedes a class
    Hi everyone
    I have an a class amg sporty with the night package run flat tyres. I was thinking of removing the wheels to give then a clean on the inside and clean the brake callipers but I have discovered there is no jack in the car. Is anyone aware of the correct jack to enable me to remove these wheels please

2. AMGeed

AMGeed Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2014 E63 Biturbo
    Can you get a small trolley jack under the side skirts to raise the car? Halfords sell some reasonably priced trolley jacks.
    Failing that, I'd look for a jack on eBay specifically designed for your A class model.

1 person likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Mel Howe

Mel Howe New Member

Car:
    Mercedes a class
    Thanks for the reply, I have a trolley jack myself but wasn't sure if the cup on the jack will not cause any damage. I will be careful when lifting.

4. MDC250

MDC250 Active Member

If you can pick up an ice hockey puck (think Sports Direct sell) these work well to protect when jacking, alternatively if enough room use a length of wood between jack and sill.

HTH

Tags: