18's on My W124 Coupe staggered look

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyW124

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E320 coupe, W211 E320 V6 CDI, W211 E63 V8 AMG, R129 SL 280 V6, W215 CL 600 V12 Bi Turbo.
Hi Guys,

I need some advice on fitting Front alloy wheels: 18x8" ET31 and
Rear alloy wheels: 18x9" ET35. (Setup usually found on the W202, W210 and CLK's)

I'm more interested about the fitment at the rear. Is 9" going to be to big at the rear?

I have 17x7.5 ET35 all around currently with 1 bump shims at the front and 3 bump shims at the rear, lowered around 30-35mm. My other option is to keep it to a 18x8" ET31 all around however i want that deep rim found on the 9" wheels as opposed to the 8" at the rear.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction for choosing the right setup, i need opinions?

If i do go for the 9" at the back i will have to roll my fender lips and possibly will have to get my rear arches flared. The issue i have with flaring my arches is i dont want to disgrade the original look of the car so i would ideally want them flared ever so slightly. Is this the way to go for a 9" width at the back?

i'm sure .5 of an inch up front more wont make much of a difference and would cause too much issues as there is a reasonable space to fill even with the ET being 31 as there is a minimal difference between 31 and 35.

guide me guide me! :wallbash:

Hi Billy and welcome to the forum.Why go on 18s though,just get some 8.5 17 for the rear

Hi d w124,

Cheers!

yes, there is this very thing you mention..the thing is i dont think 17's cut it looks wise? but a very reasonable solution. i just see loads of E and C classes around with that combo which makes me stare at it until someone horns at me cuz the lights have gone green!

i think that set up will look great on the 124. The main thing i want to achive is have a very flush look between the fenders and the tire edge. Without rubbing

I can`t advice as I`m not sure but I don`t think 9j at the rear should cause rubbing
Wait for more feedback

I wouldn't go for 18's...They look massive on W124s, and just makes me think the driver is a boy-racer.

thanks dude,

i think someone who has had 9J at the back with pics would be great as i want to visually see as 9" might look like it may 'pop out of the fenders'.

an offset of 40 odd, would be perfect for the rear but i dont think AMG II comes in this.

Hi Blackman,

that is defo not the look i would want to portray in a car like this! Although it would have to be said 17's would seem the wiser as d w124 mentioned an 8.5 at the rear?

in the last half year ive done loads of stuff to my coupe:

front arms are new with new track rods
overhauled the whole rear suspension (new shocks, new arms new everyhing)!

trust me..i'm such a happy boy right now, the car has never taken bumps and dips of the road so well. especially trating it to new shims.

however i'm still battling the stance of the car and have done eversince i have owned it. The rear seems slightly sagged (even with the rear overhaulded) but a massive improvement however. but still not happy. i want to go lower in the front.

i would want hardly any gap in the front wheel and fender and a thumb sized gap at the rear which is what it is now.

blackman, yea ive seen those, but i'll have too many issues up front with them... 9 incher all around!

Blackman has 8.5 17s on his rear I think,maybe a picture would help

yea pic me pic me!

ready to blow 2 grand on rims + tyres! ive got replicas on my car at the moment. Thats like wearing HIKE AIR max.:eek:

yea pic me pic me!

ready to blow 2 grand on rims + tyres! ive got replicas on my car at the moment. Thats like wearing HIKE AIR max.:eek:

2K :eek::eek: on what dude

on original AMG II brand new well close to two grand if been quoted £1306 for the rims and its probably going to cost me around £450ish for top rubber.

this is too much isn't it i know? but where can i get what im looking for genuine? second hand will do but very minimal kergabe would suffice i guess?

oh i dont know i'm confuded now!

d124...sell me your front bumper lol!

u should take out seperate insurance just for that bumper!

ok those are the rims "$%^%hell! they are supper sick! is that you selling them?

if so, i need your details dude i need to come check it out...i'll give you details for contact....

No,that`s not me selling them,but I do have a Sebring exhaust if you like
Don`t go crazy on those alloys as they`re not worth that money

is it just a back box u are selling? double pipes?

so the rims... u dont think they are worth it no? Man i wanna get my mits on wheels asap. i ve seen Akash's 124 on this forum..quality. i'm feeling black 124's.

that is sick!

d w124 if its still about in the near future i will defo want it as the exaust is the last thing i'm going to do on my motor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom