19" Alloy wheels for W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hosh85

Car
Mercedes Benz E240 W211
Hi Gents

Hope you are all well.

I have been searching the forum for info on after market wheels for the E-class W211. I keep coming up against barriers!

Basically I am hoping to fit 19” wheels to the car and while I am aware it is possible, I can’t seem to find many sets available that will fit, I have found either the offset is off, or the wheel size (diameter) is off! Becoming quite fruitless, I thought the world would be my oyster but doesn’t appear to be the case, and to make matter worse I was hoping to get a set in Anthracite or Gun Metal grey

I had initially budgeting somewhere in the region of £5-700, but I would be more than happy get a used set. I have had a look in the sale section but again nothing specific that will fit my car.

I wonder if anyone could give me any more info from this standpoint, i.e some makes/models of wheels W211 owners have used and possible even some pictures etc

The only ones i have seen that are in the right size are a wheel called Veemann V-FS23

Separately I would be interested to know if the addition of the wheels jacked the car up and thus required some lowering springs to bring this back down again.

I look forward to any info!

Thank you

According to the interweb the W211 offset is 37mm , i bought these for my CLS and the offest is 35mm which will fit yours just nicely without spacers or longer bolts.

They are Fox MS005 staggered 8.5 / 9.5 and 19" diameter.

20170223_113008_zpsqc14g7wt.jpg

20170323_164827_zpsldptijjw.jpg

The only issue i had was the front hub nut cover suck out too far for the center cap to fit which was a bit of a faff but we got there in the end.

Kenny

Separately I would be interested to know if the addition of the wheels jacked the car up and thus required some lowering springs to bring this back down again.

I look forward to any info!

Thank you

That isn't how bigger wheels work. But to answer your query, no you don't need to lower your car if you fit bigger wheels:thumb:

Hi Kenny, thanks for that, I do quite like those and just looked online, not too expensive.

Amgeed, where i do generally agree with you, I have had a few cars in the past that I have had coilovers on, the accord type R, R32 golf, 350z etc but that was for the purpose of better handling, this is not the idea with the Benz, I want it to be sat quite low, not stupidly low but I just don't want a gap between the wheel and the arch and I thought that the gap would be huge with bigger wheels.

With a bigger wheel, the gap will be smaller, but a shorter spring will lower the car as well. Get your new wheels, then see how much lower you need to go.

Yup that's my intention just thought if anyone has done this prior and state what they found when doing it, obvs I get there are variables like tyre size etc. The wheel hunt is on, no idea what il do!

There will be lots out there that fits the w211, anything from a w230 or a 219 in 19" will fit, 8J wide on the front and 9j max on the rear.

There will be lots out there that fits the w211, anything from a w230 or a 219 in 19" will fit, 8J wide on the front and 9j max on the rear.

Thank you Alps, that's helpful!

have a look on wheelbase and alot of other websites that offer wheels and tyre packages.

be wary of Cheap ebay imports, try and go for an established manufacturer or OEM.

cheap ones will easily crack

Hi gents sorry to revive this thread, but still having lots of conflicting info, there is a set available to me that has all the right offsets etc however the fronts are 8.5j and the rear 9.5j, one instance I am told the rear will have max 9j,as above, and others say 9.5j using the link above the website states that a staggered set with 9.5j rears will fit happily.

Does anybody know definitively? As the ones il am hoping to buy are used and will not be subject to me being able to return them!

Many thanks
Hosh

You can fit up to 11" in the back, it all depends on the offset.

Oh OK I didn't know that.

Their offset for these wheels in particular is ET35, sorry to bug but with that offset do you think 9.5j would be OK? Thank you

have a look at tyre prices also esp for the 9.5 staggered wheel on the rear. they aint cheap ....

But why? You'll need to take them off again to sell it. No-one else will want 19 inch wheels on a W211

If an E55 doesn't need it why do you?

Oh, and you will find this useful after you've done it: Find a Chiropractor - British Chiropractic Association

Appreciate that, just that I drive the car fairly seldom, as I work in thr City etc, so, it' r just a weekend runner so I suppose I can afford to take a compromise on the feel and handling for it to be a bit prettier, and if I'm honest the majority of the pics of the W211 that have been cosmetically updated all or mostly have 19s as it nicely fills the arches. Of course if you advice that there will actually be an issue with rubbing arches that's another story bur so far no one has told me of any major issues, suppose it comes down to preference really.

Appreciate that, just that I drive the car fairly seldom, as I work in thr City etc, .

(Cough) Know the problem - I had a W210 E55 on 20 inch rims back in 2001, when I was in the City and needed a weekend family car. At the time I didn't really appreciate that part of the reason was SO hard (esp over speed bumps) because it was on the optional 20 inch rims. I got rid of it, thinking that I couldn't really do anything, whereas I really should have at least tried 18's or 19's before chopping it out.

(Cough) Know the problem - I had a W210 E55 on 20 inch rims back in 2001, when I was in the City and needed a weekend family car. At the time I didn't really appreciate that part of the reason was SO hard (esp over speed bumps) because it was on the optional 20 inch rims. I got rid of it, thinking that I couldn't really do anything, whereas I really should have at least tried 18's or 19's before chopping it out.

Yes, I have been told to forget putting 20s on there, I've seen one with it and If I'm honest it looks a bit OTT. especially with yours being the 55,id have thought that wheels that big would have comprised handling and road feel(as you said) a shame you got rid of it, I quite like those!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom