19"s AMGs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's right, just like wider tyres have more contact with the tarmac. Higher tendency to tramline.

Tried driving Sport Cup tyres on the roads? ......... One reason why the M3 CSL is so entertaining to drive, the car never goes straight! :D

I personally think 18"s is the largest wheel size I would want to put on the W202. 19"s will look overdone.

A nice set of 18"s and a decent drop will give you very good asthetic improvement whilst mantaining some decent ride quality.

The W202 was designed in an era where 19"s hardly ever existed for a road car.

Thanks peppernick. I have searched the web and eBay for 18" original AMG w202 alloys but they seem to be more rear than a flying pig! I will definitly consider some of the wheels shown, but maybe in 18s as from what people have been saying 19 is a tad too big. These really need to go onto my C280 sport than my c250tdi!

19" would look great,

Depends on your millage if you find them comfortable? I had 19" on a Convertible and it was fine I never had any rubbing issues or bottoming out even towing.

It will tram line but 18" will so your use to that.

Yeah very true. Annual mileage is about 12k-14k! But that is spread over 2 cars! I drove a 530d with 19" alpinas and the ride seemed fine, not sure if it would be different on a merc

Surely the bigger the wheel the lower profile the rubber is -- and therefore the less the absorbtion of bumps etc etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom