19"s AMGs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibrar

Car
55 plate LWB Sprinter and soon to be C220 AMG Sport Plus
Hi guys, I was just wondering if its possible to get 19" AMGs for my '00 C250? I currently have 18"s but they seem too small. (Anybody have any other preferable choices? If so attach a pic!) Also any other upgrades I could add to me car? Here is a pic, but its not the best!115047777646428w92eN983.jpg

dammit :( stuff it, i'll just get it lowwered instead :D thanks anywho....nice valve caps?

sorry malcolm but i didnt understand that website....thanks anyway :)

if u put it that way, it does look simple

Some other 19" ideas for you ;)

IMG_1301.jpg

26082007167.jpg

P4010007.jpg

100_4568.jpg

PB200007.jpg

P1070004.jpg

735658_65_full.jpg

Not keen on mirror covers, bumpers, and handles...

but the wheels are beauties!! :cool:

P4010007.jpg

Hi guys, I was just wondering if its possible to get 19" AMGs for my '00 C250? I currently have 18"s but they seem too small. (Anybody have any other preferable choices? If so attach a pic!) Also any other upgrades I could add to me car? Here is a pic, but its not the best!View attachment 9298

19" will look the dogs ******** but don't expect the ride to be smooooth :D

also your car will bottom out over nearly every speedhump, and you will almost definately rub when sharp cornering or large loads!

club 202 guys normally replace shocks with koni yellow, and H&R springs to reduce this, but not eliminate!.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even for the very fast versions of the W202 - the C36s and C43s - AMG decided that 17" wheels were optimal.

Whilst its your car and you can obviously do what you like, don't you think 19 inch wheels are too big? Its a small Mercedes saloon, not a Range Rover!

I personally think 18"s is the largest wheel size I would want to put on the W202. 19"s will look overdone.

A nice set of 18"s and a decent drop will give you very good asthetic improvement whilst mantaining some decent ride quality.

The W202 was designed in an era where 19"s hardly ever existed for a road car.

When you have 19 inch wheels fitted to any C Class you have to have comand recoded at the same time.........................

..........................so that it remembers where your dentist is;)

My 2p worth, I agree with the other members in that my car has 17's on which is a compromise between ride quality and road holding. Bearing in mind that the bigger wheel you go to, there will be a greater tramline effect also as well as tyres rubbing on the wheel arch. I think 17's are the biggest you can go without wheelarch modification. I remember ShazAMG did modify his W202 quite a bit in order to make his 18's fit. IMHO I dont think you should go bigger, it's not always better. If you go to 19's you will have difficulty undoubtedly with roundabouts, harsh turns and the like. The Americans dont have roundabouts so only need to worry about making an occasional turn.

I think if the wheels are too big then it makes your car look like a roller skate.

Last edited:
We have a set off BBS splitties in 19 inch that we used to run on our CLK 430 , they sit in the garage gathering dust ....

Just too big , ride is just too firm .... visit to the osteopath every week firm ...

Got 18's on it now, and the difference , just by dropping an inch is unreal ...

Don't go bigger than 18's ....

Bearing in mind that the bigger wheel you go to, there will be a greater tramline effect also as well as tyres rubbing on the wheel arch. I think 17's are the biggest you can go without wheelarch modification.
Tramlining is caused by wider tyres, not the size of the wheel. If you have very narrow tyres wrapping 19"s, the car will tramline less compared to if you had much wider tyres wrapping 17"s.

As long as you get wheels of the correct offset, tyres of the correct width and shoulder broadness, there's no reason why by going up a couple of inches will cause rubbing on the wheelarches, unless you lower the car at the same time.

Tramlining is caused by wider tyres, not the size of the wheel. If you have very narrow tyres wrapping 19"s, the car will tramline less compared to if you had much wider tyres wrapping 17"s.

As long as you get wheels of the correct offset, tyres of the correct width and shoulder broadness, there's no reason why by going up a couple of inches will cause rubbing on the wheelarches, unless you lower the car at the same time.

I have found tramlining only occurs as the tread wears close to the wear indicators, was the same with my previous car.
Must be to do with the amount of rubber in contact with the road?

A goos reminder to change the tyres :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom