19" Tyres for CLS 350 Grand 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

siremastimus

Car
2010 350 CDi CLS Grand
Hi All

Am thinking of changing my rims from the 18" grand edition to a set of the 19" AMG III ones. Just trying to price up tyres as well and seems like Continental Sport Contact 5 come up quite good on here but has anyone used the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 tyres as these also seem not bad value but I am struggling to find anyone one here who has given feedback on them?

Thanks

I had the Goodyears on my now sold BMW m coupe and they were absolutely fine. I didn't do enough miles to notice any abnormal wear or use them in very wet conditions as the car was a weekend toy. Dry grip was great though and I never felt like I was going to suddenly lose traction under power.

Not a ringing endorsement(!) I know I'd buy them again.

I too had Assymetric II's on my previous E320 - surefooted and reasonably quiet.

My current tyres are the same size as 19" CLS, but recently I couldn't source any Assymetric II's - have you tried?

I settled for PZero's (MO fitment) and they are also fine.

I'm going for Goodyear asymmetric 2's for my new set of wheels within next few weeks. They seem to get good reviews and as you say not as expensive as some out there.

Savman has them on the rear of his modded E55 estate and he rates them highly. His car puts down serious power so that's good enough for me. They also have quite a big rim edge protector which I want too.

I use vredestein ultrac sessanta, love them used them on my M5's too

I use vredestein ultrac sessanta, love them used them on my M5's too

My last 2 sets of tyres on my current 18" wheels have been Sessanta's, I think they're great:thumb: I just fancy a change this time round but wouldn't hesitate in going back on the Sessanta's. They look nice too:D

I had Goodyear F1 Assym on 17" on my C class, good tyres but wore out too quickly. I replaced them with Contis which were much better for wear.

Yeah I like the idea of a big rim edge protector too, are there any other recommended tyres for the CLS that offer this too do people know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom