19"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuartbowes

Car
CLK 220 CDI SPORT
Hi All,

It's my first post on the forum - so hope I'm getting this right!

I have a 2008 CLK 220 CDI Sport Auto (Obsidian Black) - fitted with the standard 18" 5 spoke alloys. They're a handsome set of wheels, but I have the chance to purchase some 19" AMG alloys which I believe have came from a SL.

The size of the wheels are as follows

Front 8.5 x19 ET 30

Rear 9.5 x19 ET 31

I've studied the offset chart available elsewhere on the forum, but frankly it may as well be in japanese!

I don't want to fit spacers and I certainly don't want wheels that may be detrimental or dangerous to the handling of the car!

Can anyone advise if the above alloys will be ok on my W209? Also what size tyres should be fitted?

Kind regards

Stuart

stuartbowes said:
Hi All, It's my first post on the forum - so hope I'm getting this right! I have a 2008 CLK 220 CDI Sport Auto (Obsidian Black) - fitted with the standard 18" 5 spoke alloys. They're a handsome set of wheels, but I have the chance to purchase some 19" AMG alloys which I believe have came from a SL. The size of the wheels are as follows Front 8.5 x19 ET 30 Rear 9.5 x19 ET 31 I've studied the offset chart available elsewhere on the forum, but frankly it may as well be in japanese! I don't want to fit spacers and I certainly don't want wheels that may be detrimental or dangerous to the handling of the car! Can anyone advise if the above alloys will be ok on my W209? Also what size tyres should be fitted? Kind regards Stuart

Any luck buddy?? I have the exact same dilemma

235/35/19 for front
275/30/19 for rear

They should fit perfectly with those offsets.

I had ET35 rear and ET37 front and there was space for the wheels to come out to the arches a little more.

This is at standard height :

This is with a 20mm drop over the standard avantgarde suspension :

Last edited:
What year was the SL the wheels came off as the later ones used an M14xR14 bolt wheras the 209 uses a M12xR12 bolt so if it is a later SL (230) you would need to change the bolts as the radius seat would be incorrect?

Thanks Simon

^^^^Agree^^^^

The wheels will be off a R230 judging by the sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom