190 Cosworth wheel sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

talbir

MB Enthusiast
Does anyone have definitive dimensions for what is widest width and offset a Cossie can take without modification ?

Can it take 8J with et 28mm ?

Can anyone confirm the stock wheel dimensions please ?

I'm looking to change the wheels on the newly acquired Cossie and have a few variations in mind but want to get an insight into Cossie experts experience here please.

thanks
talbir

Bolide:The EVO`s had wider arches to take the 8.25 alloys

7mm hub centric spacers should make those fit.

Does anyone have definitive dimensions for what is widest width and offset a Cossie can take without modification ?

Can it take 8J with et 28mm ?

Can anyone confirm the stock wheel dimensions please ?

I'm looking to change the wheels on the newly acquired Cossie and have a few variations in mind but want to get an insight into Cossie experts experience here please.

thanks
talbir

Hi Talbir

a good combination is the Evo II 8.25" (et34) with 245/40 and EVO II 7.5" (et37) with 215/40...(if you want to go with the EVO look)

IMO 8" is the just about maximum for the front before you start getting little issues..not just rubbing but steering feel etc...

Rears..you can get away with 8.5 all day long...providing you have a fair bit of clearance between wheel and arch (works well with SLS)..

I will be fitting 8.5" (et25) on the rears and these are the actual changes..

1st set up - - 17x7.5 et 37
new set up - - 17 x 8.5 et 25...the new set up has moved the alloy closer to the shock absorber by 3mm and extended outwards by 23mm. This is exacly what i was after as I always thought that the rear needed to fill up a bit more.

I'm running (Cobra suspension) lowered (40mm) stiffer springs and stiffer shocks..because of the drop, I have to smooth out the inner arches and get rid of the nasty sharp metal that is there. It should be fine with SLS

picture004reduced.jpg

By null at 2010-05-24

picture008reduced.jpg

By null at 2010-05-24

mazza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom