190.....uneven tyre wear on rear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shrekky

Ok guys and gals,i got a problem,checking my car over for its MOT and noticed both rear wheels are scuffing the inside edge of the tyres,now having change both rear shockers and springs,and all the stabilizers bars too,not so long ago( 3 months),I also changed rear sub-frame rubber bushes(the 4 big ones).
what else could cause this wear ?............the bushes in the rear suspension arms ? and if so,is this a common problem ? I know it has something to do with camber,castor and toe-in,toe-out,but am at a loss what else it could be,never having to mess about with camber on the rear before ,so if someone has any ideas I would be grateful
:)

is your springs and wheels standard? the only thing I can think of is that if you have got lowering springs and wide tyres on this may be the cause of the problem as it sounds like you have too much negative camber

I have found the problem,toe in/out is out,thanks to the stealership........i replaced all stabiliser arms and bolts...........the ones pictured and numbered 3a and 4a are supposed to be eccentric bolts and washers,stealership only supplied me with normal bolts :eek: :mad: been driving around for 3 months like this now :mad: no wonder she wanders everywhere !!!

ScreenHunter_034.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom