190e 2.3-16

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks on the face of it a fairly easy project. 32 bids and 17 bidders reflects the interest in it. 15 minutes away from me as well.

£5,100 with over 3½ days to go.

Can that be right?

being bid up check % seller n bidder interaction anything over 5% is suspicious

That definetely looks bidded up....

If it isnt, then that reconfirms the fact that lately these seem to garner more interest in project form rather than a well presented/preserved example....

How prudent that actually is questionable... as a project case usually presents more heartache than anything else...lol

Maybe the prices being asked for nice examples has made people think there can be some profit with the right project or maybe they just too expensively priced in the first place for some....

It wasn't on £5200 when I posted it, but looking at the bidding history there's 41 separate bids from 18 different bidders.

Even if there's an element of doubt here I'd be surprised if the seller had eighteen different people bidding for him.

The last couple of cars like one (ie projects) have sold. The Almandine 2.5-16 with high miles (250k+) that was on eBay recently was bought by a member over on the 190 club forum who is now restoring it. That also attracted quite a lot of bids but sold eventually outside of eBay from what I gather - which isn't unusual with cars from what I've seen. The other 2.3-16 'barn find' also sold. I guess some people like projects and cars such as these are getting rare. Perhaps the £10-15k examples in good order aren't such bad value after all?

If you can DIY the bodywork side of things you're probably ok but otherwise there's quite a lot of cost involved in that side of the restoration I would say. I guess if you're buying with your eyes wide open then go for it.

respray just done on 190 by arsim in wembley for 1500

I do love a good project myself...but (nowadays!) only when the rarity factor and pennies make sense...

But generally have realised with old cars, its best to buy the best you can in the first place...

£5,600.

Winning bidder has reasonable feedback score, a late newcomer to the auction as it had 18 bidders before.

Be interesting to see where and when it surfaces :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom