190E 2.3-16vlv has a BIG lack of performance...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

canada911

Car
190e 2.3-16vlv
Need a bit of help guys...

Or meaby only your opinion, or what your Tech instinct says!

I have a 190e 2.3-16vlv

So here is a part of the history:

Since a wild, I have a BIG problem of lack of performance and Big consumption (14mpg), Weird smell of gaz at the muffler also.

My lamda (on/off ratio) is exactly at 50% and is variing (that is normal).

The cold start seems to be good, but the hot start is awfull: i have to put alot of gaz to start the engine and cranke alot...

The car idle very weirdly when it is heating up. When the 60degree are obtain then the idle is great and stable at about 970rpm.

If I push on the gaz to about 4000rpm and quickly release it, the rpm falls down rapidly below 400 and the engine dies quickly

Now after the adjustment of the AFM plate here is what I noticed:

There is still a bit of the smell at the muffler and it seems to be a little with smoke (but that could be condensation, 'cause it was I wild since I had used the car, and today was really humid) coming out.

Before the afm adjustment, the cold start and the hot start where horrible(now its only the hot start that is bad), but never had the engine died after pressing the gas and the cold idle was also good before (it wasnt varing alot).

I also checked the timing and theres meaby 3 degree of to much retard(3 degree more than the normal retard position pin on the crankshaft). When I push on the gas the retard increas alot, is it normal?

I also have to mention that the 950rpm of idle is really long to obtain, like 5minute or so. Before the adjustment and now too.

Does someone has an idea of what is the problem?

I'm really lost here...

Some one has an idea? Only a suggestion?

Ok, I think I got it!

My mixture was way too lean, so my O2 sensor was out of range, and the X11 detected it as an O2 error, but it wasnt. I played alot with my mixture and finally got it in range.

Thanks anyway guys!

Good job, canda911!

Cheers.

BabyBenz??

what are you doing here man?? LOL! Good to see you!

So you deceided to follow me in here? lol!

;)

190rev Rules!

But now mbclub too!

Youre really the babybenz with "no 16vlv I'm sorry for you"? hey?

LOL!

Lets celebrate this! Cheers!

Yep, it's me.

And I'm still sorry for you!:D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom