190E '89 fuel pump relay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alfie07

Banned
I am struggling to locate a fuel pump relay for the above. Can anyone suggest where I could try. I am initially wanting second hand, as I am trying to eliminate and on going problem of engine cutting out.

Thanks

I have several W201 & W124 FPRs. What engine size & what part number?

Hubby away, will get back to you asap as soon as I can get help with finding this info out - thanks

Neilrr

I have found this so far - Chassis number begins WDB201 1997CC - first registered Feb '90 - no part number as yet - is this of any help

Regards

Hi,

If it's a 2.0 litre auto it'll almost certainly be part number 003 545 20 05. Check & let me know.

Neil

Its a 1997CC Auto - the relay is black in colour and sits behind the battery

regards

Neil

The number on the casing is pretty smudge - however, here goes - 3.301.30?

K.A.E. GF30

regards

The fuel pump relay is normally marked 4 zyl. Kickdown 12V etc. KAE stands for KAEHLER who used to make relays for MERC

Last edited:
It should look something like this & I'm looking for the number after the MB logo.

W201FPR0035452005.jpg

I am sorry about this Neil, but it would appear that the relay that is on the vehicle is not a genuine part. The only number that is on it is the one I gave, and even at that it seems it has been put on with tippex, and there is no Merc logo. Without the correct information, I guess it will be difficult for you to help me, however, I do thank you for your time and patience.

Regards

Alfie,

The FPR in the photo is from a 1990 190E 2.0 auto. If that's what your car is then this is the relay you need.

You can call a Merc dealer tomorrow & ask them for the part number to double check. You'll have to give them your VIN.

Neil

Checked with the Merc dealers this morning and they are saying that because it doesn't have air condition and no cat the relay I want is
001 545 7805. They did quote the one in your photo, but they are saying that is if it has a cat, which, as I have mentioned, it doesn't.

Would be grateful for your thoughts on this, and if you have one.

Thanks

Alfie,

I've never seen a 190E with that fuel pump relay number (& I've seen a lot of 190s). It might be a new number as they rationalise.

Perhaps someone who owns a non-cat 2.0 190E could look & see what the part number on their FPR is for you.

Why not put the VIN into the online parts website and see what comes up for the part number?

I'd be surprised if Neil's relay wasn't suitable.

Where abouts are you located?

Will

Neil

Checked with the Merc dealers this morning and they are saying that because it doesn't have air condition and no cat the relay I want is
001 545 7805.

Would be grateful for your thoughts on this, and if you have one.

Thanks

They are correct, that is the right one according to EPC.

Thank you for all your help and advice - From enquiries made I think this is the correct part number - I live in Lancashire, by the way.
All this messing about is to try and pin point an ongoing problem that this vehicle has. It can be running like a dream for weeks on end and then all of a sudden it is continually cutting out - on the m/way at speed, at average speeds. There is just no telling when it is going to happen. It can continue this for days, and then all of a sudden it will right itself again. Hubby is desperately trying to save its life, me, I am seriously fed up with it, no fun when you are in the outside lane.

That sounds like a break in the solder. Can you remove the black box that covers & protects the PCB & examine it for any obvious cracks / gaps? If you see one a simple re-solder should fix it..

Also, if it's a non-MB FPR (something I've never seen in a Merc) that is an obvious candidate for the cause of your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom