190e door card repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Imbigboned

Car
1967 W100 600 SWB, 78 W123 280E, 99 SL320
Can anyone recommend someone for door card repairs?

I've got three grey vinyl door cards that are blown - two of them quite badly, and am looking to get all 4 professionally done.

Any ideas/recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Hi there -from previous experience it is almost impossible to do well as the egg box backing expands and will not return to its original profile. You might want to go onto the 190 forum - link below - and search there but my recommendation would be to look on ebay or try breakers to get what you want.

My 190 needed all 4 cards replacing and I found someone who sold me the lot for £140 about 12 months ago. Good luck.

Mercedes-190.co.uk

I think you'd be best finding some from a breaker also. I bought a complete 190e a couple of years ago in very good condition for £500 and the whole interior was in a timewarp condition.

You'd probably struggle to get the door cards properly re-trimmed for £500.

Can anyone recommend someone for door card repairs?

I've got three grey vinyl door cards that are blown - two of them quite badly, and am looking to get all 4 professionally done.

Can't be repaired worth a damn in IME.

Are these the all vinyl door cards for a leather interior or the ones that have a cloth insert?

Thanks for the advice.

These are vinyls for a leather interior, and it's the only thing that's let the car down.

I'll try the breakers and what I can find.

Only thing you can do is build up the backs with loads of coats of PVA and use a hairdryer to heat the vinyl and stretch and and reglue with adhesive but its only a bodge. Best thing is to get whatever colour you can get that are reasonable condition and spray with vinyl paint.

I have sold 2 sets to my local trimmers which where both "redyed"

Good luck ! You are with every other 190 owner !

poormansporsche said:
Only thing you can do is build up the backs with loads of coats of PVA and use a hairdryer to heat the vinyl and stretch and and reglue with adhesive but its only a bodge. Best thing is to get whatever colour you can get that are reasonable condition and spray with vinyl paint. I have sold 2 sets to my local trimmers which where both "redyed" Good luck ! You are with every other 190 owner !

What were the redyed ones like in the end?

My problem is with the drivers door. It's absolutely mullered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom