190e hesitates and misfires

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuarth

1989 190e. Runs well but recently after it has run a bit and then stopped it misfires and hesitates when restarted. Apart from the usual -distributor cap, dirty leads etc are there any other known problems this could be which are specific to the 190e?
thanks

on a more general note I'd also check/replace the fuel filter

1989 190e. Runs well but recently after it has run a bit and then stopped it misfires and hesitates when restarted. Apart from the usual -distributor cap, dirty leads etc are there any other known problems this could be which are specific to the 190e?
thanks

Pretty basic engine and electrics really. I would check the usual as mentioned and then you are down to fuel problems, filter, pump, air leaks etc.

thanks

... Last time I read the Bosch KE-Jetronic manual I noticed there's a component on the injection system that somehow holds the fuel pressure for an easy restart.

Maybe a more knowledgeble (sp) forum member can chime in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom