190E hydralic clutch fluid, where does it go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NicDale

Car
'91 190E 2.5-16V
Hello, i *think* that the clutch fluid in my cosworth is running low. From cold the clutch generally works fine, pedal feels right, once its warmed up or been in the same gear for a fair while (usually 5th) the pedal feels light and there doesnt seem to be pressure there, when the pedal is pumped a couple of times the feel returns and normal gear change service is resumed. Around town it's perfectly fine as i'm using the clutch pedal a lot.

Can anyone offer some more mechanical insight in to this and where to look, what to do and is it a DIY job or take it to a mechanic?

Thanks

Nic

Combined brake/clutch reservoir

In older models of 190 clutch master cylinder is inside the car attached to the clutch pedal mounting bracket. The slave cylinder is bolted to the gearbox bell housing. the hydraulic fluid is provided by a combined brake and clutch fluid reservoir located on the brake master cylinder via a flexible hose. Dont know if this applies to 16valve cars or not :confused: :confused: problems could be down to the fluid needing replaced or leaking seals on the slave/master cylinder or connecting pipework.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom