190E "Lights left on" buzzer not buzzing......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hartzpartz

Car
E200 W210 (ex 500SL, ML55 and 190 Cosworth owner).
Has anyone got any idea as to why the "lights left on" buzzer on my 190E doesn't sound when the driver's door is ajar. I think the buzzer is soldered to the back of the instrument panel. Is is it common for them to fail?
Any advice gratefully received. :)

Hartzpartz said:
Has anyone got any idea as to why the "lights left on" buzzer on my 190E doesn't sound when the driver's door is ajar. I think the buzzer is soldered to the back of the instrument panel. Is is it common for them to fail?
Any advice gratefully received. :)

Two thoughts.

It doesn't sound if the key is in the ignition.

It is operated by the interior light switch in the door. If that is sticking "off" then it will not trigger the buzzer.

Thanks for the reply.

Key definately not in the ignition as I'm usually half way down the road before I remember I've left my lights on.
My 190 has two pin switches on both front doors. One for the interior lamp and one for the "courteousy" circuit which allows you to close the windows with the door open and key withdrawn. These all seem to be operating correctly.
Could be wiring from switch to buzzer though I suppose?

Sorry, i cant help with your problem mate, but thanks for letting me know why my car has 2 door switches :) I've wondered about this ever since i bought the car.

Cheers,
Stu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom