190E on Top Gear tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOCAŠ

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK
Tonight's Top Gear (BBC2, 8pm):

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May attempt to find a trio of cars which (sic) are equally at home on the race track as they are transporting a family to the shops, for a budget of 5,000 pounds. They end up with a BMW M3, a Mercedes[-Benz] 190E and a Ford Sierra Cosworth which they put through their paces in Europe's home of speed, Germany.

Plus James makes a rare visit to the Top Gear track to test a pair of Porsches - the 911 Sport Classic and Boxster Spyder - and Alastair Campbell is the star in the all-new reasonably priced car.

Last weeks was the last of the current series.

Seems it's a repeat, first shown in July last year.

Is defo a repeat as I remember seeing it before - well worth watching though.

It's a repeat...we aren't even getting that, we have "The Impressionists Painting...

I love the 190E 2.3 16v and if anyone would like to donate one to me, I would be most appreciative.

Growing up, most of my friends had pictures of Lamborghini's or Ferrari's on their wall, I had a 190E Evo 1.

That one was bought from one of the members over on mercedes-190.co.uk , although I can't remember who right now .

I love the 190E 2.3 16v and if anyone would like to donate one to me, I would be most appreciative.

Growing up, most of my friends had pictures of Lamborghini's or Ferrari's on their wall, I had a 190E Evo 1.

I do remember when the 190E 2.3-16 came out... as it happened I just went with a friend to Singelfinden to collect his brand new but poverty-spec 190E 1.8....

That one was bought from one of the members over on mercedes-190.co.uk , although I can't remember who right now .

It was the member with the username "Charles", As /i remember he was most annoyed that they kept loosening the top rad hose to make it look like it was overheating.

It was the member with the username "Charles", As /i remember he was most annoyed that they kept loosening the top rad hose to make it look like it was overheating.

Thank you for that information.

The truth will out. Surprised May went along with it.

That plus the infantile pretence of constant reversing into the BMW of what appeared to be a rather nice 190 Cosworth. :mad: A guy that can't allegedly select first gear and next minute he's [ nervously] doing 140 on the autobahn. :doh:
I couldn't put my finger on what annoys me about Top Gear [ I know I know its "entertainment" not a motoring programme!!] and there are occasional moments still to enjoy but I think maybe that small contrived incident encapsulates it. I'll use a bit of street language here RESPECT That's what's lacking.
The makers of the show don't respect the cars they drive, the presenters have obviously lost any self respect for themselves and the programme and most telling of all the makers have lost respect for their audience.:(

Will is selling his and Talbir might still have his for sale, if not already sold.

Whilst the prices may be open to negotiation I think a donation might be a tough haggle :)

"The makers of the show don't respect the cars they drive"

It's the demolishing of nerdy totems and fetishes that's the main point: Clarkson's paralysingly funny jibe at May dressing 'in his mum's curtains' for instance. Nothing's sacred, Porches are referred to as 'Beetles', breakdowns are staged, cheese is smeared on exhaust intakes, 190's smack into derelict M3's. Slapstick for the Club 18-30's. And me.

Funniest show on World TV. Unless you like those old brick-outhouse 190's.

The makers of the show don't respect the cars they drive, the presenters have obviously lost any self respect for themselves and the programme and most telling of all the makers have lost respect for their audience.:(

But they have not lost respect for the money though, nor indeed has the BBC.

BBC Worldwide racked up £1.16 billion gross revenues in the the year to March 2011.

Biggest earners in order of dosh generated:

Doctor Who series 5,
Sherlock series 1,
Top Gear series 15,
Top Gear series 16
Human Planet.

So, the Top Gear franchise will continue to annoy us for as long as it sells.

That plus the infantile pretence of constant reversing into the BMW of what appeared to be a rather nice 190 Cosworth. :mad: A guy that can't allegedly select first gear and next minute he's [ nervously] doing 140 on the autobahn. :doh:
I couldn't put my finger on what annoys me about Top Gear [ I know I know its "entertainment" not a motoring programme!!] and there are occasional moments still to enjoy but I think maybe that small contrived incident encapsulates it. I'll use a bit of street language here RESPECT That's what's lacking.

So I know it is always best to use first gear just to get you rolling and change up smartly to second in any manual car. My question is this - Will the Cossie set off in a "none racing situation" in second?
Perhaps the "Norman Wisdom" antics help coin in alsorts of money from overseas markets.

It's the demolishing of nerdy totems and fetishes that's the main point.

Ah -----the nihilist generation speaks.:crazy:

Clarkson's paralysingly funny jibe at May dressing 'in his mum's curtains' for instance.

That joke's so old it had to be defrosted from cryogenic storage and resuscitated using lightning conductors in Burg Frankenstein. :eek:

Porches are referred to as 'Beetles

Fair comment they were designed by the same bloke Dr Ferdinand Porsche when he wasn't designing Tiger tanks for the Third Reich :devil:

breakdowns are staged

Really-- I would never have guessed. It might have been funny like the reversing into the car behind thing the first couple of times but now after the 20th time its merely tedious. :doh:

Slapstick for the Club 18-30's. And me.

I refer you to my remark "the makers have lost respect for their audience". :rolleyes:

Funniest show on World TV.

That's just sad.:eek:

But they have not lost respect for the money though, nor indeed has the BBC.

The expression you seek is SOLD OUT :(

"Ah -----the nihilist generation speaks.
crazy.gif
"

I fear you mistake me for someone as ill-informed as yourself. If you personally attack people you disagree with, we will have to assume you have plans to invade Poland.

Take it easy on the emoticons: they're designed for use by children.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom