190E replacement centre console

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob77

MB Enthusiast
Car
1990 W201 2.6 Sportline; 2011 S204 C350 CDI Sport; 1978 Foale/Suzuki GS750; 1994 Aprilia Pegaso 650
Months ago, some scrote stole my wheels and stereo and caused various damage to my car while it was with someone for a minor repair.

I've been forced to replace parts at my own cost and, on top of everything else, I have just noticed that the b*****d damaged my console removing the stereo.

The console looks like this, except mine is black and has 2 sliders at the top: one for the fan and one for the aircon:

MERCEDES 190 E CENTRE CONSOLE RADIO HEATER CONTROLS IN BLUE W 201 RARE | eBay

I doubt I'll find one with the aircon feature so my question is, are they all the same?

That is, can I strip down mine, remove all the bits including the panel at the top with my aircon sliders and transfer over into a non-aircon console?

If someone could let me know on this asap I'd be very grateful as I'm trying to get the car looking good for Olly's do in May.

You could replace it with the later 'taxi' console. More chance of finding an AC version of that, I think.

They are different but if you're good at cutting you can make it work.

Oh, I think I'd just make a mess of cutting and fitting and would want to stick with screws and bolts if possible.

What's different about them though? As I see it, without the top panel which contains (or doesn't as the case may be) the aircon sliders, they'll both look like this wont they?

Mercedes Benz W201 central Console dashboard NEW 190 190E 190D E D AMG NLA | eBay

Or is the base non-aircon panel configured differently somehow? I have all the aircon and other add-ons, its just my base panel which is crushed in the lower corner.

You could replace it with the later 'taxi' console. More chance of finding an AC version of that, I think.

Thanks Neil, I'd prefer to keep it standard if I can but I wouldn't dismiss the idea of a change if I could get a nice replacement. I cant see any for sale right now though.

ditto the taxi console, so much nicer with the extra wood - P.O.P to change - allows fitting of a double din if thats your bag

ditto the taxi console, so much nicer with the extra wood - P.O.P to change - allows fitting of a double din if thats your bag

Ok thanks, I don't want double din but I'll widen my search to include a taxi console.

Presumably, this'll have the same issue with the need for an AC one though?

Is this the one I need then? And, if so, is the "wood" on these actually wood or a plastic type finish because if I got one I'd need to have it re-lacquered to match my other wood?

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 12
That's what you need.

The Veneered Zebrano wood panels should match your gear surround wood anyway.
The light / picture may be misleading. In the car it should look the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom