190e valuation (thinking of buying it)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wolfsburg

Car
Beetle
Mercedes 190e , one of a kind for sale in Wexford : €3,250 - DoneDeal.co.uk

Hi guys was wondering how much You think the above 190e should be worth just resprayed, no service history though. It's exactly what I'm looking for need a 1.8 for insurance and tax here in Ireland and really like the colour but seems a bit steep. Any advice on a figure I should approach him with is appreciated

Thanks
Shea

It`s very expensive considering but the alloys are worth a few quid

I would go diesel but it's an extra 300 in tax each year for not much improved economy from what I've read on these forums. If I bought a 190e I'd probably spend my time trying to get it to look similar to that one but I want something that's already had all the work done tbh, motivating myself to do things to my beetle is enough.

Does look nice but very low spec (council windows !)

Manual gearbox means its worth less as does the 1800 motor. Without documentation /service history its impossible to determine the real mileage. Seems a trifle expensive for the spec but not sure of the market in Ireland?

In Ireland you should be able to pick up a good example with FSH for 1200-1400e but they'd require too much time and money to get them the way I want them (whole car 1 colour instead of the different shade on bottom half, slightly lowered and nice wheels). I can't find any modified 190e's similar to the linked 190e for sale in ireland to compare prices. Anyone have a fair price I should approach him with?

No more than £1750 and that's generous,you might be better off buying one over here.

There'll be a mint 2.0litre auto in white with upgraded MB (not blingy) alloys for sale in Scotland soon at under £2k. Owned and maintained by an MB trained technician for the last 10+ years.
Easily matches that Irish car, and at least £1250 cheaper.

I was thinking of buying one over in England, I got my beetle in manchester but it would cost 200-300e to get a w201 over to ireland and then 200e to register it so I'd probably take a 400e markup in price for one over here although if I found one I really liked I'd obviously go to England.

^^ Apologies Wolfsburg, just noticed you need a 1.8 for insurance purposes (i really should read the post properly)!

Thanks for the link 300ce! I think its sold now too
I've just been quoted 1200 euro for insurance, i don't think that's too bad for a 23 year old on a group 14 car and 3 points against my license, catch is it has to be 1992 or younger so gives me 2 manufacture years. So I can't get the car I linked to. 190e's are plentiful but trying to find a 1.8 manual (for economy) in good condition from 92 or 93 is proving difficult.

What about this one though mercedes 190 e for sale in Dublin : €890 - DoneDeal.co.uk

the back bumper looks out of line and a low spec model, but has a 5 speed gear box!

Thanks for your input so far

Mercedes 190e , one of a kind for sale in Wexford : €3,250 - DoneDeal.co.uk

Hi guys was wondering how much You think the above 190e should be worth just resprayed, no service history though. It's exactly what I'm looking for need a 1.8 for insurance and tax here in Ireland and really like the colour but seems a bit steep. Any advice on a figure I should approach him with is appreciated

Thanks
Shea

Looks stunning. When I see stunners like this, it makes me having second thoughts about selling my E220.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom