190E Ventilation fan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
My internal ventilation fans on my 190E have been making such a racket of late it is obvious that they are wearing out rapidly. Is this a big job to replace, what sort of cost? I've rather reached rock bottom on sorting out car issues at present, but if small I'd like to get this done as I hate noise or cabin heat.

Phew - I have actually done most of that before when I replaced the wiper mechanism on my last 190, successfully. That's a big relief.

Ah, ECP lists two, both of which are designated as not for cars with air-conditioning, which I do have.

Just been quoted a little shy of £600 for the above fan, so I think I shall be hunting on Ebay!

Either that or does anywhere refurbish such things?

Ah ha - that had not come up on my Ebay search for some reason, thanks Jay! Now ordered.

That's got a W221 part number & EPC lists applications for that part number only for the 221.

No mention of W201.

The blower motor in my w124 used to make a hell of a racket, but it was easily fixed with a few squirts of lithium grease into the bearings. 2 years later there is no sign of the noise returning.

The blower motor in my w124 used to make a hell of a racket, but it was easily fixed with a few squirts of lithium grease into the bearings. 2 years later there is no sign of the noise returning.

how far did you have to disassemble things to be able to do that?

That's got a W221 part number & EPC lists applications for that part number only for the 221.

No mention of W201.

For some reason the link now takes you to a different "suggested item"

the original one, that is now showing as sold, is the correct one.

how far did you have to disassemble things to be able to do that?

The w124 blower motor comes as an assembly with the 2 hamster wheels attached. just remove the whole thing and grease the bearings where the shafts exit the motor. The whole thing took less than an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom