190E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deemdoubleu

Car
Honda Jazz
I've been looking at this for a few weeks - it is on Autotrader but the dealer web-site has more detailed pics. I won't comment on the price as I have no idea of worth - I guess it is worth whatever you are prepared to pay. I've been thinking of buying a 190 as a project but obviously it is a complex proposition fraught with potential issues, spare parts availability being the main one I think.

190E Autostrasse Leeds

Hi deemdoubleu, that is a very smart looking w201 but is one of the least desirable w201 variants due to it being a 1.8 and in a colour that to me does not appeal. A lot of money for a 1.8. W201's are very good at wearing the miles so do not be afraid to buy a higher mileage car you can actually use every day if you want. You may be surprised how immaculate some high mile cars are as they last so well. Here are some nice 190's i have been looking at recently..

A lovely almandine 2.6..
nice 2.0 sportline..
an immaculate 5 cylinder diesel..

Last edited:
Hi deemdoubleu, that is a very smart looking w201 but is one of the least desirable w201 variants due to it being a 1.8 and in a colour that to me does not appeal. A lot of money for a 1.8. W201's are very good at wearing the miles so do not be afraid to buy a higher mileage car you can actually use every day if you want. You may be surprised how immaculate some high mile cars are as they last so well. Here are some nice 190's i have been looking at recently..

A lovely almandine 2.6..
nice 2.0 sportline..
an immaculate 5 cylinder diesel..
Thanks, I tend to agree that the colour is not the best but I'm not offended by it. mtsv is just up the road from me (my place of work that is) so I might take a look at the black 2.5D when we are allowed out...

Thanks, I tend to agree that the colour is not the best but I'm not offended by it. mtsv is just up the road from me (my place of work that is) so I might take a look at the black 2.5D when we are allowed out...
Mstv have a good reputation, knew someone who bought a 190e LE from him about 8 years ago. Still going strong. If you are considering a 190d 2.5 i can thoroughly recommend. Lovely smooth 5 cyl engine, the whispering diesel was its nickname back in the day.

Great cars the 201. i've had 2,

1st one was a 190 2.0 carb which i had for aprox 6 years 60,000 miles waterpump and fuel pump being the only issue

2nd was a 190e with a 2.6 straight six, Great smooth power delivery and fast for its time.

Great cars the 201. i've had 2,

1st one was a 190 2.0 carb which i had for aprox 6 years 60,000 miles waterpump and fuel pump being the only issue

2nd was a 190e with a 2.6 straight six, Great smooth power delivery and fast for its time.
I have had my 190d 2.5 since 2011. Manual in pearl grey metallic. Bought at 264,000 miles. Now on 304,000 miles. Engine runs like a swiss watch. Engine wise all that has been changed by me is the aux belt tensioning system and glow plugs. It has had lower front ball joints replaced (a must if you do not know when they were last changed), top mounts, discs & pads, a front spring, stainless exhaust and a set of Michelins.
Great cars, if a little cramped inside.

Agreed rear leg room isn't the best , that's why they Sculptured the rear seats to give that little extra space.

I remember seeing and hearing a 2.5 190d certainly very quiet ahead of its time really.

Both mine were the mk2 versions with the later Bruno Sacco side moldings, Fine looking safe cars.

Whatever 190e you buy be sure to inspect it carefully for structural rust. Everything else is relatively easily repaired. Don't worry about rust on front wings as they are bolt on and very easy to replace.

Whatever 190e you buy be sure to inspect it carefully for structural rust. Everything else is relatively easily repaired. Don't worry about rust on front wings as they are bolt on and very easy to replace.
Thanks and yes, I think that would be my main consideration.

That 70k two owner 1992 Almandine 2.6 for £9k is a handsome buy from Charles Ironside.

Phenomenal cars, back in the day. Interesting that they don't achieve anything like the premium that a comparable BMW 325i would achieve.

FMPro

That 1992 Almandine 2.6 is a handsome buy from Charles Ironside.

Phenomenal cars, back in the day. Interesting that they don't achieve anything like the premium that a comparable BMW 325i would achieve.
The Ironside 2.6 is lovely i agree. Been for sale for a while too.

I think w201's are still relatively good value because so many still survive in good condition unlike BMW's of that era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom