Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Saw the film this afternoon and can fully understand why it's received the plaudits it has, especially for the cinematography which is quite extraordinary. It's certainly a war film like no other, and well worth a couple of hours of your life.

Saw the film this afternoon and can fully understand why it's received the plaudits it has, especially for the cinematography which is quite extraordinary. It's certainly a war film like no other, and well worth a couple of hours of your life.

It's high on the list of films to see
Good to know it's well worth the wait

Good as Hacksaw Ridge?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Good as Hacksaw Ridge?
Couldn't comment, I'm afraid, as I haven't seen it.

What I would say, is that if you've visited the private Sanctuary Wood & Hill 62 Museum in Ypres and have viewed the 3D photographs there, 1917 does a remarkable job of putting you in the hell-hole those photo's depict.

Thanks :) - was unsure as was afraid of the usual Oscars hype - will go and see it when it comes out over here.

I thought was OK. But then again I get bored of films which are light in dialogue and big on visuals.

Started looking at my watch after an hour.

At an hour and a half I still wasn't that gripped.

10 minutes later my son started calling me and texting me. It was a good excuse to get out. I asked him what happened and he told me. So I didn't bother going back in.

6/10 max for me.

I thought was OK. But then again I get bored of films which are light in dialogue and big on visuals.

Started looking at my watch after an hour.

At an hour and a half I still wasn't that gripped.

10 minutes later my son started calling me and texting me. It was a good excuse to get out. I asked him what happened and he told me. So I didn't bother going back in.

6/10 max for me.

There will always be differing views but personally I thought it was great. Was concerned that the “single shot” filming would be an affectation but I thought it really worked well (there is one obvious cut but even that is part of the story). For me it was definitely a stand-out piece of cinematography.

Went to see it last night and really enjoyed it, despite the running commentary from the people sat behind me :mad:

Have not seen 1917, Das Boot is the best I've seen so far

Das Boot is most certainly a defining work. You can almost feel and smell the claustrophobia and fear. A true classic.

There are many excellent war movies but the TV mini series Band of Brothers takes a lot of beating for edge of the seat action.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just watched it on the small screen (well 65"), good film but not as good as Hacksaw Ridge..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

^^^^^^& this ^^^^^^^^

Literally just finished watching it.

Great movie although i preferred Dunkirk and Hacksaw Ridge.

The Longest Day has a famous action-packed one-shot scene, see from 0:49 onwards:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Went to see the Film on Saturday Afternoon, still trying to figure out: Who Milked the Cow?:rolleyes::dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom