1959 Morris Mini.Motor Heritage 572 of The Line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Certainly a bit of motoring history. I think the enthusiasts will have that price rocketing into five figures

I make you right Harry - hard to believe of how many were made, how early this one really is. I would assume that the buyer would want the original reg number to go with it as well so add that to the cost of the car and it's going to be a pretty penny.

Brings back memories of the one my granddad had. Exactly the same colour too.

I used to go out in to the garage and pretend to drive it. Brum brum, peep peep:D I can smell the stale petrol smell of the garage as I type.

He used to drive me down to the docks in Fleetwood where he used to keep his trawler once upon a time. We would then go down to the sea front and watch the ships with his massive pair of binoculars.

Thank you for posting this. It has brought back so many fantastic memories.

I guess folks were slimmer in those days - it's listed as a 5-seater :rolleyes:

It also took me back to when my dad owned an early mini when i was about 8 or 9. I remember the Reg No was 8608 LJ - wonder if it's about now!

I guess folks were slimmer in those days - it's listed as a 5-seater :rolleyes:

In those days if you could fit in for a lift you got in regardless of how many other people were already sitting.

I think anyone who has driven one will always remember the experience

If you could prove it was actually built on the very first day of production the price will go through the roof.

How did we manage without wing/overtaking mirrors?

Cars that early in the production run had the floor seams under and adjacent to the rear seat with the lap joint open towards the front of the car. The result was that the pockets to each side of the rear seat filled up with water when it rained :doh:

The joint was relatively quickly modified so that the open side of the lap was to the rear. Problem solved :D

It also took me back to when my dad owned an early mini when i was about 8 or 9. I remember the Reg No was 8608 LJ - wonder if it's about now!

Could be, but it hasn't been taxed since 1986. Looks like it also has its engine swapped for an 1100cc unit at some point. Was it red when your father owned it?

Could be, but it hasn't been taxed since 1986. Looks like it also has its engine swapped for an 1100cc unit at some point. Was it red when your father owned it?

Cheers for the info Mocas, I was 8 in 1982 so it could possibly have met its maker after my dad sold it. Strange as it may seem that whilst I can remember the number plate, i have no recollection of the colour, although I'm pretty sure it had red primer patches!

Possible that 1100 unit could have been from a Mini Special (a rarity nowadays but not back then!) - would'nt have been something my dad would have transplanted though.

Possible that 1100 unit could have been from a Mini Special (a rarity nowadays but not back then!) - would'nt have been something my dad would have transplanted though.

It would be more likely to have come from an Austin/Morris 1100 or one of the variants as they were available for spares in huge quantities in the 1980's.

I reckon it will go for £10K+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom