1969 280SE, help whats it worth!!??!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt@Felsham

Car
C250 CDI 125 Sport Edition
Hi, I'm pretty clued up when it comes to modern day mercs, but a good friend of mine wants to sell his 1969 280 SE 4dr saloon (long wheel base?) Automatic (Tax exempt)

Its done a genuine 123k and he has owned it from nearly new.

The car is in pretty good order, but the bottoms of the doors are rusting along with the usual rear arch problems, not too bad mind... i'm guessing 300-400 pounds worth of welding/paint/filler would put it right (for a while at least)

It has been welded up previously to get it through MOT's, and is in a good roadworthy condition, and really is a very original car. lovely thing to look at.

Now the chap doesn't want to auction/ebay it, he's too old for all of the hassle, so any serious input from you guys would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Is this the 3.5 V8 model, or the 2.8 straight six model ?

All I can say is if you are looking on a full restoration at any stage, beware. Panels for this car are VERY expensive. Also the injection pump in particular costs a fortune if you can find one, so make sure it is also mechanically good if you want it.

If you want a proper valuation and some good advice, I suggest you join the official MB owners club.....http://www.mercedes-benz-club.co.uk/

They deal with the older models and you will get plenty of advise there.

Last edited:
Thanks Desilva,

It's the 2.8, I'm not sure if its for me or not... I don't really have the time to put it right.

I'd like to help him sell it at least...

I'll certainly try MBCC

Thanks

:)

If its any help, I've seen a 1972 280SE for sale, unrestored, but overhauled, mot'd and thats going for £2950ono.

Saw it in the back of this month's MB Club Gazette.

re cost of repairing wheel arches and getting the paint to blend in, I would think that you would be looking at £500 per side, especially if you are having wheel arch repair panels welded in.......could well be more depending on the quality of work you want done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom