1980s icons reunited

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

talbir

MB Enthusiast
Latest addition to the stable - pics below.

I have a magazine article from Jan 1987 - the main feature pits the following three cars against each other :

- w124 Hammer 560E DOHC
- Ruf 911 Turbo
- Ferrari 328 GTS Koenig

Well, i wanted to bring the test bak to life twenty one years on...i now have virtually the same 3 cars, except my 911 Turbo flatnose is not a Ruf modified.

The beauty, sound and charisma of the Ferrari are breathtaking....the perfect mistress.....the 911 is a perfect wife...reliable, quality build and great performance !

The Hammer is equivalent to the perfect threesome with said mistress and wife ! (yep, that 'missing' Hammer that was sledged by some folk is a perfect runner that i am driving so much on the weekends and restoring in the process...it's faster than a speeding bullet!)

Enjoy the pics.

Last edited:
I'm coming round tomorrow to take that for a spin!

You're more than welcome to leave it round mine till the new "fleet" garage showroom gets built :D

I'm coming round tomorrow to take that for a spin!

You're more than welcome to leave it round mine till the new "fleet" garage showroom gets built :D

Take it for a spin ? What literally ? !

Raw Italian and raw sex....nothing tops this car.....no other car has made me WOW like this one has, nothing i have owned or seen....the car is concours, mint, eat-your-dinner-of-it status !

It'll be a garage queen....you know me.....art not metal !

cheers
talbir

Take it for a spin ? What literally ? !

Raw Italian and raw sex....nothing tops this car.....no other car has made me WOW like this one has, nothing i have owned or seen....the car is concours, mint, eat-your-dinner-of-it status !

It'll be a garage queen....you know me.....art not metal !

cheers
talbir

Do i take that as a yes then??

First refusal please if you ever fancy having a clearout!

One magazine did a similar test but there was a 7 litre Lister Le Mans Jaguar XJS thrown in for good measure. One to go on your list perhaps if you fancy fiddling with the famously unreliable Jaguar electrics.

You must have done something very good in a previous life.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I think it's the good things i do in this life....like fix Nav's car ! :D

No more cars for me....defo no !

End of collection and funds !

talbir

Or you can buy my Silver 500E !

You know it makes sense !

talbir

What a collection. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

To have pretty much the same 3 cars as the magazine is comparison is quite something.

What a collection. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

To have pretty much the same 3 cars as the magazine is comparison is quite something.

He bought the ferrari because of that magazine :eek:

I can beleive it. It makes it more understandable, sort of!

Is the Ferrari kit based on a MR2 or Peugeot 406 Coupe...it's really hard to tell?

Is the Ferrari kit based on a MR2 or Peugeot 406 Coupe...it's really hard to tell?

EDIT: didn't really comment was sarcastic, my apology

Last edited:
I'm thinking he was and perhaps meant it to be obvious and maybe missed a smiley off his post?

We all know the best kits are Capri based anyway :D Saw one the other day and boy was it hideous. Just so shamefully bad.

I'm in no doubt that they are the real thing but why would the Hammer show as a 2.3 when I do a search?

Nice collection btw.

:)

I'm thinking he was and perhaps meant it to be obvious and maybe missed a smiley off his post?

We all know the best kits are Capri based anyway :D Saw one the other day and boy was it hideous. Just so shamefully bad.

but sarcasm isn't as effective with a smiley!!! :)

I'm in no doubt that they are the real thing but why would the Hammer show as a 2.3 when I do a search?

Because you can't believe everything you read on the internet! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom