1981 Mercedes 280 SL parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GMac1

Car
1981 Mercedes 280 SL
Hi,
New to the forum and in need of some help with sourcing some parts for my car.
It's a 1981 280 SL.
The SL online shop seems rather expensive & I've also had a look through ebay.
An example is headlights, I need a driver side headlight but they seem to be sold in pairs. SL shop approx £1,600 , ebay at £1200. Looking to source slightly cheaper & understand I will probably need to buy a pair so they match.
Also need Driver side fog light, lower grill, number plate surround, front chrome bumper, side rubber for bumper & potentially a few other parts.
Can anyone point me in the right direction of either a breakers yard or whole car that is for spares or repairs.
Cheers

Hi,
New to the forum and in need of some help with sourcing some parts for my car.
It's a 1981 280 SL.
The SL online shop seems rather expensive & I've also had a look through ebay.
An example is headlights, I need a driver side headlight but they seem to be sold in pairs. SL shop approx £1,600 , ebay at £1200. Looking to source slightly cheaper & understand I will probably need to buy a pair so they match.
Also need Driver side fog light, lower grill, number plate surround, front chrome bumper, side rubber for bumper & potentially a few other parts.
Can anyone point me in the right direction of either a breakers yard or whole car that is for spares or repairs.
Cheers
Just like to say I've sourced all the parts. Got a headlight for 350 from a 1981 salvaged car and a great match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom