1982 mercedes 380 slc auto blue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a very nice looking thing for the money - on the face of it!
I don't know if I could live with the piping - as the actress, etc.
Why couldn't he show some images of the bad bits?

Isobars - I'm of a similar opinion. The leather compliments the car but not too sure the piping is to my taste. I guess there'll be people commenting that we should be watching the road when driving (!) rather than the interior!

I'm watching the price of SLC's with interest at the minute. I was hoping to get my 1979 T reg on the road but I think the welding cost will prohibit it too much sadly.

"rust around but could easily be tidied up"

spoken by someone who has never performed a decent rust repair. If it was so easy, why did the owner not do it?

"rust around but could easily be tidied up"

spoken by someone who has never performed a decent rust repair. If it was so easy, why did the owner not do it?

Cos he's sellin' and probably cant be bothered......

Isobars - I'm of a similar opinion. The leather compliments the car but not too sure the piping is to my taste. I guess there'll be people commenting that we should be watching the road when driving (!) rather than the interior!

I'm watching the price of SLC's with interest at the minute. I was hoping to get my 1979 T reg on the road but I think the welding cost will prohibit it too much sadly.

Unless you buy one and give it a go yourself

I'm watching the price of SLC's with interest at the minute.

Which way are they going, I've always half-fancied one. Am I right to assume they're worth around 20% less than a like-for-like sl?

Cheers,

Paul

NW_Merc - I honestly wouldn't have a clue where to start! I don't mind paying an amount, helping do what I can (making tea is probably my limit!) but all joking aside if someone would spend the time with me, have the equipment etc... I'm game.

Paul - Prices seem pretty constant. The SL's still command more money.

SLC with MoT seem to go from anywhere £1200 upwards; most seem to be £1800-£2700. There's one on eBay at the minute for a shade under £13k; personally I would rather have an SL for that money!

Wouldnt you be able to cut out the old stuff, at least half the job is done then? Maybe take out the carpets and see how much is still good and how much needs to be cut away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom