1983 280CE egr valve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamie-M

Car
BMW
I'm having trouble finding a source for the egr valve that fits onto the front exhaust manifold, I'm also after the pipe that fits into it. Can anyone suggest where I may get one from?

Thanks

Have you asked a Mercedes dealer? If so and no joy try some MB Breakers but the parts may not be in the best condition.

Thanks for the replies, I've looked at the pics of the part number and they seem pretty similar except mine had some bellows attached to the part. It's currently blanked off but was looking at repairing it.

If its anything like the later versions of the valve the "bellows" is probably the bellows tube that leads the hot exhaust gases back to the inlet manifold- the serrated structure is probably to aid transfer tube cooling and expansion and contraction. there wwere many designs over the years of this imperfect technology.
M-100 Message Board - Off topic 280E Question
201431d1224870431-egr-valve-question-p0400-egrvalve1.jpg

ps- unless you are referring to the vacuum diaphragm actuator which is the silver " flying saucer" on top of the valve--- they are integral with the valve and not a separate part??

Last edited:
Thanks for that, just read the thread very interesting! Seems like there's loads of variants so I'll need to be careful when part ordering!

I've just noticed that the thermostat housing cover is cracked! Rather than start a new thread, any idea where to source one? I've looked on the Internet with the usual w123 m110 280 search words but no joy?!

Thanks grober! Where do you get all these part numbers from? Is there a dedicated web page with info for these things?

They come from the official MB EPC [ electronic parts guide] If you join the official MERCEDES-BENZ CLUB you get free access. Official Mercedes-Benz Owners Club
as part of the annual subscription. You can also buy access here Daimler AG - Service & Parts net
and there are numerous free unauthorised part sites on the net if you search Mercedes EPC - their location changes with time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom