1983 Diesel, £20,000+ wanted!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
crumbs has it even seen a wet and windy day?

The USA lights ruin the front though

I'm surprised the diesel got to the USA I thought petrol was king especially back in 1983

Don't know if i'd call that collectable and at that price.

You have to wonder about a seller who can't even spell Holy!!

Anyone who can find the part number for that cup holder in the door gets a prize ;)

Never mind, found a load on ebay...

Last edited:
Looks like it's just come out of the wrappers. Incredible!

But I have to comment on the under-bonnet installation - what an untidy mess of pipes and cables that is! Clearly MB must have thought that anyone who could afford such a car wouldn't be the sort to ever bother to open the bonnet!

It looks like the engine out of a small boat rather than a luxury car

Looks like its never been used - amazing but £30k??????????

Funilly enough, that engine was commonly used on all sorts of boats... The smaller 2.0 diesel is often found on canal boats here in the UK.

3.0 turbo diesel - loads of low down grunt/torque - probably not much top end - but probably perfect if tuned correctly and set up with a good box!

They werent very powerful, even with a turbo they felt dosile and sounded like a tractor... nothing like the later units that replaced them..

Yes indeed stand corrected pretty sluggish - from what I can see on Wiki its - 125BHP and ish 185lbs torque :doh:

big barge is about right then!!!!!

300TD
MY 1981–1985OM617.952125 hp (93 kW) @ 4350181 lb·ft (245 N·m) @ 2400300TD
MY 1981–1985OM617.952125 hp (93 kW) @ 4350181 lb·ft (245 N·m) @ 2400

In defence of the under-bonnet arrangement, I have a 124 and a 140 as well as a 116 and 123 - both with the marvellous om617 - I know which bonnet I'd rather have a problem under!!!
One man's meat, of course...
Cheers,

Paul

Currently at approx £18000, a fair amount for a 28 year old oil burner, but if you wanted one at those miles I doubt you'd ever find another.

That car is beautiful :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom