1984 Mercedes 300D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XanderLorenzo

Car
Benz
Looking at 1984 Mercedes 300D (274,000 miles) It’s fairly clean and body is straight with no rust or major damage. Anything to specifically check out before buying? (besides the usual) The owner says with the exhaust attached it had problems shifting sometimes so he took it off and it fixed the problem. I’m not sure why that is correlated and it seems kind of fishy but if anyone has any insight on that, that would be great. I’ve yet to test drive it so I’ll keep you updated. Thanks!

Your problem with cars that old is obtaining even routine spare parts for them. One example woudl be they run 14 inch tyres which can be difficult to source- same for some exhaust parts. only thing I can think of exhaust/gear selection wise would be physical interference between exhaust and selector mechanism- but they run at different sides of the box? Other possibility is if the auto box is vacuum modulated and running without an exhaust affects this in some way?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looking at 1984 Mercedes 300D (274,000 miles) It’s fairly clean and body is straight with no rust or major damage. Anything to specifically check out before buying? (besides the usual) The owner says with the exhaust attached it had problems shifting sometimes so he took it off and it fixed the problem. I’m not sure why that is correlated and it seems kind of fishy but if anyone has any insight on that, that would be great. I’ve yet to test drive it so I’ll keep you updated. Thanks!
tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

Your problem with cars that old is obtaining even routine spare parts for them. One example woudl be they run 14 inch tyres which can be difficult to source- same for some exhaust parts. only thing I can think of exhaust/gear selection wise would be physical interference between exhaust and selector mechanism- but they run at different sides of the box? Other possibility is if the auto box is vacuum modulated and running without an exhaust affects this in some way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom