1986 mercedes g wagen black 4500cc v8 special order

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It`s a project of some sort though,it can`t be original

I've sent a message asking for pictures of the engine bay, and underneath the car. I have a suspicion that it still has the 230 gearbox in there, with an adaptor plate to mate it to the engine. It wont have the factory v8 manual gearbox as that is only 4 speeds, so unless it has an amg getrag setup I think it's a diy job.

I've sent a message asking for pictures of the engine bay, and underneath the car. I have a suspicion that it still has the 230 gearbox in there, with an adaptor plate to mate it to the engine. It wont have the factory v8 manual gearbox as that is only 4 speeds, so unless it has an amg getrag setup I think it's a diy job.

Let us know what reply you get carat - i was surprised that there were no photo's in the first place.

Let us know what reply you get carat - i was surprised that there were no photo's in the first place.

Just heard back from him, he is going to post some more pictures on monday.:thumb:

The leather retrim is quite nice, but the exterior is poor, the tyres are undersized and probably from a car without flared arches, there were a couple of 5 litre V8s knocked out by the factory as special orders for an Arab Prince but this is definitly looks like a lash up of some sort. I would expect sub 10 mpg or less?

Mine has the 5.6 M117 engine and so far Im not into double digit MPG's!

Mine has the 5.6 M117 engine and so far Im not into double digit MPG's!

Why do you care :thumb: it looks lovely and it sounds :devil::devil:
After seeing it in flesh yesterday I can tell you,it :rock::rock::rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom