1986 R107 300SL .... Facelift, project, cheap??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dee-124CAB

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs Mercs Mercs....
Here's one for the panel... Is it too far gone to ever be viable or is it a realistic project if bought at a sensible price and done slowly?......

He's stated a guide price of £3995, anything cheaper than that would make it one postively cheap faclift R107 imo....

1986 MERCEDES 300 SL AUTO BLUE SOFT TOP FACELIFT MODEL | eBay

This could cost you £10k to put right - loads of rust

This could cost you £10k to put right - loads of rust

Yeah, I kind of suspect the same, im sure the panels on these are uber expensive.... but it will all depend on what kind of standard you want to do it too.... If you just want a tidy usable classic im sure it could be done cheaper, lets face it she's never going to be a garage queen.... but either way , she's too nice to break, and too nice to just drive until she rots away....

its running and has an MOT so cant be that bad.

i gave my SL a DIY restoration and it hardly cost much at all if you source the spares carefully, using good 2nd hand parts etc. saying that, mine was ok in most places though. it depends on how good you want it to be..... a couple of grand and DIY would see it looking rather smart.

Could be a good buy for someone. A years MOT, so it's useable.

Looks like an honest car - so many of these have had previous repairs it's difficult to know what is good and bad. At least this one's issues are plain to see, and they are the usual issues. If it goes for less than £3k, it's a bargain - buy it, use it, flog it in September for the same money.

Does not look too bad at all . rather depends how handy/willing you are to spend time on preparation or repairs but if you want a summer car and not a show car it should not cost a great deal to tidy up.

wow, that went cheap. too good to scrap!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom