1987 2.3-16 190e cosworth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
nice car!:thumb:

All it will need is a little bit of tlc it will make a fantastic low mileage example.

Great car and would be even better fully restored!! I love them, but IMHO seems a bit steep as it is. Good luck with your sale

Lovely car,all the usual probs,no big deal,easy fixes,good luck selling.

Great car and would be even better fully restored!! I love them, but IMHO seems a bit steep as it is. Good luck with your sale

i would love some feedback on why you think its "steep" mate,just interested:thumb:

but IMHO seems a bit steep as it is.

How much did you sell your (fully restored) one??Considering it needed a HG just after you sold it as fully restored of course

but IMHO seems a bit steep as it is.

Its true, as a rule, these cars values are now based on current condition, as so many require the kind of work this one needs to make it a really nice example.....

But to say its 'steep' is missing the point and ignoring the fact that this is a low owner car with low (sub 100K) miles..... And the value (and allure)
of this example lies with this.... In the end of the day a restored 200k mile car is still a 200k mile car.... This presents the opportunity to have a mint low owner, low miles cosworth.

Its true, as a rule, these cars values are now based on current condition, as so many require the kind of work this one needs to make it a really nice example.....

But to say its 'steep' is missing the point and ignoring the fact that this is a low owner car with low (sub 100K) miles..... And the value (and allure)
of this example lies with this.... In the end of the day a restored 200k mile car is still a 200k mile car.... This presents the opportunity to have a mint low owner, low miles cosworth.

:thumb: thank you.

GLWS.

As for the price, if don't ask you don't get. Also too, this one seems like an honest example and importantly with no none period or crap mods, excellent colour and one of the last of the 2.3's. Worth bearing in mind too, almost any 16V below £8K needs work, the price is fair imo, people that say different usually don't know a 190 carb from an EVOII (no reflection on 190mad's comment).

P.s. If I was in the market for one, I'd be making an appointment to view this 16V.

Last edited:
Hi martin, sorry to see your selling the car but I can see what you mean,
does seem to want a bit doing to it, but there will be someone to take it on. Anything in mind for your next car/project. Be interested in your
plans. Hope you and the family are well.
No news on the move as yet, but these things take time.
Regards Terry.

I think that in the not too distant future, people will look back at cars that were available like this and kick themselves. It isn't expensive but obviously will need a good bit of time and money invested in it though.

People who don't know about these models sometime scoff when they see the prices of them - usually the asking prices for better maintained/partially restored examples. There just simply aren't any short cuts though - you either pay up front or pay in the long run.

Can anyone find another sub-100k, low-ish owner original 190E 2.3-16 manual for less regardless or what work it needs? This one is in the most desirable colour and seems to have pretty good documented history etc. A fine candidate for restoration :cool:

I agree, looks nice place to start to me.
A search on ebay completed listings show what they sell for and yes you might get one £1500 cheaper but it will have poor history and 30k+ miles more.
I would buy it if I had the spare cash, and space and time .... Sadly I don't.

Curious

I think that in the not too distant future, people will look back at cars that were available like this and kick themselves. It isn't expensive but obviously will need a good bit of time and money invested in it though.

People who don't know about these models sometime scoff when they see the prices of them - usually the asking prices for better maintained/partially restored examples. There just simply aren't any short cuts though - you either pay up front or pay in the long run.

Can anyone find another sub-100k, low-ish owner original 190E 2.3-16 manual for less regardless or what work it needs? This one is in the most desirable colour and seems to have pretty good documented history etc. A fine candidate for restoration :cool:

Go on then Will how much to bring it to the standard of the one that was sold in Belfast recently MB club car I think you know the one (as you know these cars inside out and prices)

Good luck with the sale Martin, I was tempted to make you a bid but I think you shouldn't have too much trouble getting what you want for it.

If anyone is looking at 'restoring' the car, if you think it can be done to turn a profit; be careful because unforeseen costs can spiral quickly, but if you're doing it for the love of the car, this is the one to go for and just enjoy it!

wow needs a lot of work and a couple of grand at least i would say.

d w124 said:
How much did you sell your (fully restored) one??Considering it needed a HG just after you sold it as fully restored of course

Considering it wasn't the head gasket and it was a valve seating issue. Also I offered to carry out the work to make it 100%. So before a cheap dig get your facts right. So the price I sold it for with the reasonable trade in price I gave makes this 190 quite expensive for the work required. Anything else you would like to consider?

GLWS.

As for the price, if don't ask you don't get. Also too, this one seems like an honest example and importantly with no none period or crap mods, excellent colour and one of the last of the 2.3's. Worth bearing in mind too, almost any 16V below £8K needs work, the price is fair imo, people that say different usually don't know a 190 carb from an EVOII (no reflection on 190mad's comment).

P.s. If I was in the market for one, I'd be making an appointment to view this 16V.

thanks john i think it's priced fairly i sold my last one 4 years ago with 13 owners,112k partial history and just as much rust for £3250.00
ive seen plenty of tonced up snotters for sale mostly without tax and test go for around 2-2500 recently.

wow needs a lot of work and a couple of grand at least i would say.

At a bad guess, as I haven't seen the car I'd allow three grand plus a grand just in case. Then again, if you were willing to get your hands dirty and use professional services to a minimum the sums would be obviously different. As for needed a lot of work, bear in mind the car is twenty six years old - it would be interesting to see what our 202's are like at that age!

Hi martin, sorry to see your selling the car but I can see what you mean,
does seem to want a bit doing to it, but there will be someone to take it on. Anything in mind for your next car/project. Be interested in your
plans. Hope you and the family are well.
No news on the move as yet, but these things take time.
Regards Terry.

hi terry it is a shame mate i had high hopes for this it was going to be "the keeper" but i just have no time at all.(as to be expected with 2 youngun's)
what next,good question... nothing for a while i think ill just get a nicer daily drive really liking w202's at the minute and the parts are cheap and plentiful.
family's all good mate cheers my 3 yr old loves the 190e and is desperate go out in it.
hope you and the wife are well,how's your new car?did you keep the sl?
:thumb:

cheers will sorry i havent been in touch to discuss the mechanical issues,not enough hours in the day :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom