1988 260E for sale - Reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G4VSQ

Car
1990 Mercedes 500SE
I have just bought a 500SE "S" class, so I am selling my 1988 260E.

It has done 160,000 miles and is finished in smoke silver with a dark brown cloth interior. It has illuminated vanity mirrors, electric steering column control, centre arm rest, remote rear head rest drop, all electric windows, electric sunroof, later type alloy wheels,
working cruise control, ABS, etc.

I have spent around £2000 on the car in the last year and have replaced the following:

4 new tyres
New exhaust
Rear diff bushes
Shock absorbers front and rear
6 new fuel injectors
New steering damper
Fitted later alloys
Replaced autobox fluid, filter
Replaced diff oil
New ignition leads
New dist cap, rotor

I have a near complete service history for the car, including reams of service receipts. Last service was performed by Andy Gayle.

The body is in very good conditiopn but there are a few cat scratches, a small dent on the front near side wing from a piece of wood falling on it!(!). There is a small patch of rust on the inner lip of the front near side wing and some stone chips. The front near side door top has some small touched in patches.

There are the usual small oil leaks from the engine but nothing terrible.

It starts and drives very nicely indeed and would make a very good first Mercedes.

I am located near Reading and would like around £2000 for the car, to include some spares, workshop manuials, and a "private" plate, starting "VIL XXXX". There is a Sony Minidisc tuner as well fitted with Alpine speakers, the original owner's manual etc.

Please e-mail [email protected] for more details and pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom