1988 W124 300D sadly for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vlad

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various Mercs come and go
Without going over old ground, my new job has put me in a position where I need to sell my beloved W124 300D :(

Spec on the car is as follows;

1988, Diamond Blue Metallic, 3 previous owners, 147,000 miles (just run-in for one of these big diesels!! :D ), auto, air-con (nice and cold), blue/grey cloth interior, cruise, Kendwood 6 stacker CD player, new 15 hole alloy wheels, virtually full service history and virtually new Goodyears all round. I'll put 12 months MOT on the car if I get the asking price....failing that it runs out at the end of May.

Body: Excellent. No rust what-so-ever. Wheel arches are nice and clean and free of mud under the wing lips. Car has had repeated treatments with Waxoyl. Paint is in very good condition. Does have some minor stone chip touch up's and the back offside door has a 5p sized paint touch up and thats about it.

Interior: Blue/grey cloth with no rips or tears and no wear to the drivers side seat bolster. All wood and dash etc in excellent condition.

Mechanicals: Engine is in fine condition. No oil leaks anywhere and block and head are oil free. Engine runs really nice, has a slightly sticky hydraulic tappet which clears once warm (very common problem and not a cause for concern). Engine produces less smoke than my 2001 E220 Cdi that I had. Infact even at start up the exhaust is clean with very little odour.

On a motorway run I will usually get 36-37mpg cruising at 75-80 or 3000rpm.

I change the oil + filter every 3000 miles.

As I was intending to keep the car for a long time, I changed the radiator when I purchased the car as it was weeping slightly. Naturally coolant was changed and filled with correct MB Coolant. I have also had a new fuel filter, air filter, serpentine belt and tensioner fitted, new brake pads all round, new anti roll bar bushes and new shocks......now have no clonks from the front end!

Gearbox, is nice and smooth with no clonks or harsh shifts.

This car continues to amaze me.....I can do a 400 round trip in a day and get out of it ache free which is not something I can say about many other cars I have owned....other than W124's that is.

All in all, a great car, that will be sadly missed......price.... offers around the £2900 mark. Its not cheap, but then again its a good'un that will not cost you anything to run as I have replaced anything that looked suspect.

If your'e interested, drop me a line and I'll give you my mobile No and we can arrange a time for you to have a look at the car. I can also send photo's if required.

By the way the cars called Bernard.....don't blame me, blame the kids.

Many thanks for looking

When it stops raining and I can get all the salt washed off the car, I'll post some pics, assuming I can figure out how to post them!!!!

Here's some pics of my car.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post, that my car also has a full stainless steel exhaust system.

Cheers

Attachments

• DSCN0551.JPG
    DSCN0551.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN0552.JPG
    DSCN0552.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom