1989 300 C124 Breaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SeasidePete

Car
W123 230ce, W220 S500, W219 CLS, W124 300ce
Evening all. My apologies if this is not how to go about advertising this. I hope I'm not breaking any rules. Please someone advise if I am.

I am breaking a C124, interior is out and ready to go. Load more parts available. What do I do next please anyone?

View media item 8381

Thanks Optimus,

I did try posting in the classified section but there wasn't a button to post a new thread. Do I need to have made so many posts first before I can post an add?

it's a M103.983. I had thought about taking that out but I don't have the gear to do that. I will either scrap with the engine in or offer it cheap if someone can come and take it out. How much do you think it would be worth to someone who had to take it out? Or would I be better offering it free?

Hello Pete

I have a 1989 300CE and would be interested in a pair of working seat belt butlers and the associated plastic trim pieces. Also a R/H rear headrest vacuum locking mechanism if your car has headrests fitted and the L/H rear bulb holder unit (mine is corroded).

I can't PM you as you don't have the post count yet. What part of the country are you please?

Hello Pete

I have a 1989 300CE and would be interested in a pair of working seat belt butlers and the associated plastic trim pieces. Also a R/H rear headrest vacuum locking mechanism if your car has headrests fitted and the L/H rear bulb holder unit (mine is corroded).

I can't PM you as you don't have the post count yet. What part of the country are you please?

Hi Zonergem

I'm in East Yorkshire near Bridlington.

I have the seatbelt butlers but only know the driver side worked, never used the passenger one. They have plastic trim. Let me see if I can test both sides.

I have the headrests. Will test the vacuum and let you know.

By rear bulb holder, do you mean the exterior rear lights or interior lighting?

Hi Pete

I'm in York so can come over to help remove/collect anything and obviously pay in lovely cash.

I need the rear internal LH bulb holder from inside the boot.

Oh and maybe the rear brake calipers too.

Was yours the red car that was for sale outside Goole/Selby earlier this year with a dealer? 200k miles or so?

Let's keep getting the post count up and I'll start saving my pennies.

The part that holds the tail-light bulbs, inside facing out. Not the coloured lenses.

What luck! And yes, it's that one from near Goole.

I bought the c124 just for the leather seats to swap into my w123.

The rear bench just drops in. Little bit of welding to move some brackets but that's it. The front seats won't transplant due to how the seat belt clasps are fitted so I'm having the covers and padding off them to transfer to the w123 and having some chaps in Hull do the work (they are geniuses)

All in it was cheaper to buy the c124 and have the seats out than it was to buy an original leather interior (just covers) for the w123

Ok. Well my interior is pretty good but there are bound to be all manner of little bits and bobs that I could buy.

If you get a moment please could you post the VIN number so I can check the build date. There was a change in Sept 1989 when some components were updated - I think particularly perhaps the seat belt butlers - were updated. Mine is a June 1989 build, WDB1240502B038838

No probs. I'm out for the morning now but will check and send you the vin this afternoon.

VIN is WDB1240502A972255

and have working headrest lock and release on vacuum :thumb:

Both headrest mechanisms and headrests are out now, both mechanisms work fine. Zonergem, whenever you like you can pop round and have it.

The driver side butler must have a break in the seat belt hole, it's masking taped up. I will get a picture.

I do. What bits do you need? Just the parts mounted to the lights or everything and that all the way back to the reservoir?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom