1989 300E AMG 3.2L - Any Information?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Calcifer

Car
R107 500SL, W124 E500 LTD, W124 AMG, W211 E55, E30 M3, CSL, Z3M, 355, 550, 360 CS, 964, NSX, RX-7
Morning guys,

I was speaking to a friend last night who is interested in the AMG Hammer style 300E which was produced by AMG as a 3.2L

Anyone here have any information about the cars? I could not seem to find much at all online except for a car for sale here:

1989 Mercedes AMG 3.2 - Mendel's Garage

Cheers :)

Last edited:
I know nothing sadly, other than what a lovely looking car in the link! That interior is gorgeous.

Out of interest, how much was it?

Hi

I've no idea of price, shall ask. :)

Really?! For a 3.2L AMG?

I believe there isn't such a thing as a "baby Hammer" just the original Hammer?

I like that. Just needs the tints removing.

The headliner also doesn't match anything else on the car.

I still like it though.

The head linings were always that colour irrespective of interior colour.

Original "Hammers" were only made to order 6.L with a locking diff! The coupe had extended wheel arches and a black front grill cost around £100k.

There is no baby hammer as Calcifer correctly points out, any 3.2 coupe is just a imitation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MzqNn8kJqQ

So the question is whether the 3.2L is worth purchasing? I think it's still a modified example by AMG as opposed to a simple imitation. The engine is bored out to 3.2L By AMG?

So the question is whether the 3.2L is worth purchasing? I think it's still a modified example by AMG as opposed to a simple imitation. The engine is bored out to 3.2L By AMG?

Yes it's an AMG engine.

This appears to be an AMG factory car and is not an "imitation" it's simply another model with a reworked M103 rather than a V8. Think of it as a fore runner to the E36 range.

Hammer was a name coined by an American magazine when it tested the original V8 car so it's not a factory name in the slightest, it's a journalist tag applied to the V8 conversion of the W124 range.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that. My friend thinks it's not a car for him so I may well go for it. Will update here....:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom