1989 300SE W126 - For Sale £1500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rose Chap

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus GS450h
The 1980s are associated with a great many legends; Margaret Thatcher, Crockett and Tubbs, and Spandau Ballet. Chief among these giants of the era however is the W126 Model S Class Mercedes-Benz. You are in the very fortunate position of being able to buy your very own example of this classic model.

Specifiation
1989 F registered, 300SE, built in West Germany.
MOT till May 2010
Tax till July 2010
173,000 miles
Grey paint
Grey leather
Automatic gearbox
ABS
Cruise control
Electric windows x 4
Tilt/Slide electric sunroof
Electric steering column
Electric front seats
Heated front seats
Electric aerial
External temperature guage
Sony radio/cassette (XRC-33R)
Remote central locking (2 alarm fobs)

Details
I bought this car in May last year and it’s being replaced by a company car. It’s performed its role admirably and has never once let me down. It’s been in almost daily use and has covered over 10,000 miles with no drama, no fuss, and with total reliability. Not bad for a 21 year old classic.

The car is not in concourse condition, which shouldn’t surprise you given the bargain price. However, fundamentally the car is in good shape and I’m fairly sure was stripped and re-sprayed at some point prior to my buying it. There is very little rust and certainly none at the base of the rear window. The chrome, whilst cracked in a few places is bright and shiny, and the panels are all straight and the panel gaps small and consistent.

The car is powered by the M103 3 litre straight 6, with approximately 180bhp. This makes the car surprisingly spritely at motorway speeds, and sustained high speed cruising is very easy and comfortable, particularly with the cruise control active. The 300SE is the economical W126, and careful driving should see mid 20s mpg.

The tyres are the same that were on the car when I bought it and have plenty of life left. The wheels (15” 16 hole Mercedes alloys), whilst not in concourse shape, are all genuine and solid, as is the spare.
Like all W126s, the boot is cavernous and more than capable of swallowing huge amounts of stuff.

The car is fitted with an unobtrusive after-market alarm system, meaning it has remote locking. Two alarm fobs (and two keys) will be sold with the car.

Every option that I have listed above in the specification is in full working order.

The medical kit is present and still unopened – a sign that the car has been well cared for throughout its long life.

Servicing
In the 10 months I’ve had this car, I gave it a major service (all fluids, including gearbox, and filters) to set a good base line, and have replaced the oil every 3000 miles. The car always starts at the first turn of the key. I’ve also replaced the front brake discs and pads, meaning the ABS assisted braking is stable and straight.

The car will come with the service history, and all recent receipts, invoices, and documentation since my ownership, and some from before.
The car has the full array of owner’s manuals and other documentation supplied with it from new.

Summary
This has just been a great car. If I could justify running three cars in a household of two people I would definitely hold onto this superb piece of engineering.

I’m looking for offers around £1500 for the car, though I am open to negotiation.

If you wanted the car with a brand new MOT, that’s fine and something I can take care of, but then the £1500 is not negotiable.

The car is still in frequent use so the mileage may increase slightly from what is listed here.

You are welcome to come and look at the car and test drives can be arranged – please ensure your insurance covers you for this. I live between St. Neots and Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire, about 10 minutes off the A1.

Please contact me at [email protected] or via PM if you’re interested or have any questions.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_6936.jpg

IMG_6938.jpg

IMG_6939.jpg

IMG_6940.jpg

IMG_6941.jpg

IMG_6942.jpg

IMG_6943.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

IMG_6946.jpg

IMG_6953.jpg

IMG_6955.jpg

IMG_6956.jpg

IMG_6961.jpg

IMG_6962.jpg

IMG_6963.jpg

IMG_6968.jpg

IMG_6969.jpg

IMG_6970.jpg

IMG_6971.jpg

IMG_6980.jpg

IMG_6982.jpg

IMG_6988.jpg

IMG_6991.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to arrival of the company car the W126 is no longer in daily use and is safely tucked away in my nice, dry garage.

I'm a friendly chap who will respond politely to speculative offers, please give me a shout! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom