1989 C126 420 SEC outside temperature display not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HowardP

Car
1989 C126 420 SEC (SOLD); 1985 W123 200 (SOLD); 1993 W124 320 CE CABRIOLET; 2012 W246 B180
Having got the car running properly, I'm now looking at some of the little jobs on my "To Do" list, one of which is the above.

The display lights up when the lights are switched on, so I assume it still connected, but it remains resolutely devoid of information regarding temperature.

The sensor is fitted in the correct place, behind the front number plate, and as far as I am aware the cable and connectors to the instrument display are intact.

I've read that the LCD display can give up the ghost, and have seen a repair kit on eBay from Germany - does anyone have any experience of repairing these?

Are there any other issues that might affect the operation of the display perhaps?

I am selling the car shortly, so would like to sort this out, provided it's not too expensive.

Just swap it out with another one. I think that they're the same as on the W124's as well so you should have plenty to choose from. The cluster is just snugged in and will pull out by hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom