1989 MERCEDES 300E 4MATIC AUTO, 35K - EBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill_33

Car
A160,(W169) previously 300TE - 300CE, E280TE
1989 MERCEDES 300E 4MATIC AUTO, 35K, V.RARE. STUNNING

Just sold for £3,200 on EBay - Was this a good buy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....sPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123&autorefresh=true

It looked very nice, just needs a leather interior

I know that they are heavier than the normal 2WD 300E, but for that money it has got to be good value

I hope that an enthusiast bought it to keep - otherwise it will be re advertised at a "marked up" price

1989 MERCEDES 300E 4MATIC AUTO, 35K, V.RARE. STUNNING

Just sold for £3,200 on EBay - Was this a good buy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....sPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123&autorefresh=true

It looked very nice, just needs a leather interior

I know that they are heavier than the normal 2WD 300E, but for that money it has got to be good value

I hope that an enthusiast bought it to keep - otherwise it will be re advertised at a "marked up" price

Wow £3,200 for an old car! :D

They can have lots of expensive problems- in particular with the 4wd transfer gearbox and the ABS unit and wheel sensors. However they are a fairly rare piece of Mercedes engineering which if in good condition does make them an enthusiasts' collector's item. The estate versions are slightly more collectable IMHO.

Still a bargain at less than 10% of the original selling price . I think , from memory , the 4 matic option added around 10K to the cost of the vehicle .

When I read the title , I originally thought it had sold for £32K .

I had looked at a few 4 matic estates when I had my caravan but was always put off by the horror stories . I always assumed the saloons were comparatively rare as it is mostly the estate versions I saw for sale .

Still a bargain at less than 10% of the original selling price . I think , from memory , the 4 matic option added around 10K to the cost of the vehicle .

When I read the title , I originally thought it had sold for £32K .

I had looked at a few 4 matic estates when I had my caravan but was always put off by the horror stories . I always assumed the saloons were comparatively rare as it is mostly the estate versions I saw for sale .

I have seen quite a few saloon 4matics including a very rare 2.6 litre version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom