1989 mercedes 560 sec auto grey amg style v8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I too saw this on ebay and thought it was a nice car, my only concern would be about the service history, it may be an oversight or a cleverly written description,

CAR HAS SERVICE HISTORY (LARGE FOLDER PACKED WITH BILLS)

does that mean full history with mots etc, with that milage i would want to know it hasnt missed any services

Despite the obvious English failures, it at least seems an honest advert.

No mention of having any MOT ... possibly due to this?
ABS AND ASR LIGHT IS ON
No mention of road tax either.

Last edited:
No mention of having any MOT ... possibly due to this?
No mention of road tax either.

advert states that the car is taxed until 11/11/11 and MOT until 04/12

it looks like a nice one, I know the wheels are not genuine but I like the deep dish on them, makes it look like the old german muscle car it is,

anybody going to see this needs to check the boot and parcel shelf for rust and make sure none of the carpets are wet, the seatbelt presenter is a fairly simple job of a regrease and realign, its not rocket science, or just fit another one,

the lights on the dash wouldnt bother me, mine had different error lights every time I drove it, its what made every journey fun!

That is the same colour in and out as the 560 I owned. I miss it a great deal.

Mrs C220 simply refused to get in it, said it looked like a drug dealers car! Heresy!

I like that.

I wonder if the abs/asr lights are being triggered by the change in wheel sizes front to rear?

very nice. too bad insurance would cost a fortune.

It really doesn't.

I'm 23 and paid £190 for the year on a 500SEC, the 560 shouldn't be much more

Classic insurance are usualy over 25 only - and even allowing under 25 it is usually standard stuff -AND even if allowing for big bhp cars to get it under £500 is equivalent of insurers paying you the privelage of driving your car - a triple whammy result!

jonnyboy said:
I like that.

I wonder if the abs/asr lights are being triggered by the change in wheel sizes front to rear?

Could that not be an OVP issue like in the 124's?

Yup on a Classic Car Policy.

Yes classic car policies are usually over 25 only, usually being the key word :)

My mate is 23 and insured on a Classic Car policy aswell on a R129 Merc - again paying peanuts

Yup on a Classic Car Policy.

Yes classic car policies are usually over 25 only, usually being the key word :)

My mate is 23 and insured on a Classic Car policy aswell on a R129 Merc - again paying peanuts

I was just wondering, your car isnt totally standard is it? IIRC it was lowered, does this affect the classic insurance. I ask because my other W202 cant be insured as a classic because it has been modified from standard to have an electric leather interior, alloy wheels and will be further modified.

What classic car insurers have you tried NW? Mine is insured with Peter Best & the car has been lowered & has aftermarket alloys (ive provided pictures to them as it has an agreed value). No problem to insure & the cost is £192 fully comp.

Doesn't affect classic car policy, you can have your car modified. Didn't even charge me anything extra when I told them it was modified.

£1500 -no bids still.....

1 bid at 1500£. Still going for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom